Jiyeon

Jungkook reclined back on one of the blowup mattresses, his eyes keeping a heavy glare to the ceiling. He was silent and a bit distant, maybe it was the buzz of the alcohol or the disheartening conversation from earlier that had him this way. I wasn't so sure.

Everyone else seemed to be enjoying their time, especially since Taehyung passed out from the alcohol in take, it gave everyone the chance to draw on his face before he quickly woke up. This made me glad that I was sober, even if I'm the only one. Everyone else was probably on their third glass while I only stole a sip from my first.

"Jiyeon." Jimin tapped my shoulder, having me turn towards him. His cheeks were tinted pink, his blushed faced was quite adorable. "You okay?"

The question kind of caught me off guard, did I give off some vibe like I wasn't okay? "Yeah, I'm fine, why?"

"Well, you're kinda quiet and you haven't even touch your drink, I was just wondering." He nipped at his bottom lip nervously. "About your mom..."

I lifted my cup, handing it towards Jimin. "Do you want to have my drink?"

Jimin was hesitant but still took the cup from my grasp. The moment he did that, I turned away, ready to make my escape. "Jiyeon, wait." He grabbed my wrist, tugging me back gently. "It's Jungkook," he kept his voice low, only for me to hear, "he's clearly upset, I think it's because you confession, but also because you denied living with your mom. Trust me, all of us are thinking about it, about if you should actually go." He pulled back, scooting away from me.

My eyes lingered on Jimin for a few moments longer, I somewhat felt anguish knowing that he's one of the people I hurt, and knowing that I've still never personally apologized for it. Jimin seems fine now, but I still couldn't let it sit. "Jimin, I wanted to let you know that I'm sorry, for hurting you, I really am."

He smiled bitterly, he clearly didn't want to even think about it anymore, but I brought it up. "It's fine, you don't have to apologize." I could tell from the shimmer in his eyes that it wasn't fine, but nonetheless, I still turned away. I left it there.

I crawled over towards the blow up mattresses. Jungkook laid there, completely stone-faced, I picked up the thought that something was definitely wrong.

"Koo Koo?" I suddenly threw the old childhood nickname at him, quickly gathering every ounce of his attention as I crawled into bed next to him. His automatic response was to wrap me in his arms, letting my body snuggle in close to his. "Is something wrong?" I kept my voice at a hush, my idea was to keep the conversation just between us.

There was a momentary pause before a long waited answer came through. "Why didn't you tell me sooner about your family?"

I knew it. I felt that coming, I knew he'd ask that sooner or later. I shrugged, not too sure how to muster up my words. "It just never occurred to me."

"That's a bullshit answer." His voice kept its dark and heavy presence, it convey barely any emotion. "You wouldn't have kept it a secret if that was the case. There's a reason to everything, I just want to know why you felt the need to hide it."

"I didn't feel like talking about it, I felt that it was something I could handle myself so I kept it to myself."

"Sometimes, it's better to speak up." His arms reeled me in farther, letting me rest more onto his relaxed figure while he embraced me, his warmth nearly melting me. "Are you okay...? You're always welcomed to stay with me if needed."

"It's fine, really."

"It's not."

Silence soon irrupted again, his quiet breathes and the scent alcohol in his aroma being the only sensations known to me at the moment. It was comforting in a way, being in his arms like this, just letting the rest of the world around us fade away. It was soothing.