Jiyeon

"Jiyeon wait..."

"I love you." I faced him, the bunny's shocked expression being the only thing sticking to my mind. My cheeks flushed harshly at my stupidity, and I still couldn't shut up. "I'm in love with you, and I mean it."

His mouth zipped shut, the boy becoming tight-lipped as he couldn't pry his sight away from me. "Jiyeon- I uhh- I mean- I..." He scratched the back of his head, him mind painfully anxiously.

"I'm not taking it back this time."

The boy's eyes popped open in surprise. "I-I'm just not sure yet." I bit my lip, hoping his words won't leave me hurt and my pride crumbled. "Trust me, I like you, a lot, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to say I love you just yet. I need more time.. just a little more."

"How much more?"

His brows furrowed, his head tilting off to the side. "Do you really need me say it now? Why?" I kept my lips zipped, hoping this conversation would just disperse into nothingness. "I love you, it's meaningless if I don't truly feel it."

"Okay, whatever. Let's just go back inside." I crawled up to my feet, trudging towards the window as Jungkook followed closely behind.

"You're not mad, are you?"

"No, of course not." I slinked both legs through the window, hopping back into the home safe and sound. "You don't love me like that, so what?"

His face retorted into an evident frown as he followed inside behind me, closing the window. "Don't say it like that, you make it sound like I don't love you at all."

I huffed annoyingly, telling myself I have no right to feel this way. I had to admit, it did sting a little, but I couldn't imagine how Jungkook felt when he loved me and I didn't even notice. Yes, that was a long time ago and the sweet nectar of love has since subsided, but even then, it was still something.

"Jiyeon, listen."

"You don't have to-"

"No, let me say this."

"Jungkook, please, don't worry abo-"

"Shut up." He lifted his index finger in front of my mouth, hushing me to silence. "Let me speak, okay?"

"Okay."

He sat me down on the bed, like a mother readying herself to lecture her child. "Jiyeon, I do love you, you know that. I love you as my best friend, I love you as a person, I love you as a woman, and I even love you as a partner. I love every aspect of you, even the parts of you that annoy me I love." He paused, biting back his tongue. I knew at some point the rebuttal was soon to arrive. "But, I'm not sure I can give you the type of love you want from me just yet. I'm still learning and I'm still growing, there's so much I don't know yet, I can't even say I know what love even means. I'm still trying to figure out who I am and what these emotions are, so until then, can't we just enjoy our time together instead of rushing into something we barely even understand?"

He clasped my hands, intertwining our fingers. "Its just..."

"Just what?"