Jiyeon

The walk home was lengthy. Sadly, Jungkook and I had to go our separate ways. Yet kookie, being a true best friend, treated us, including Jin, to my favorite food. Ice cream. It was a vanilla cone swirl, except, knowing me, Jungkook ordered mines with a cup and no cone. It was perfection.

Jin and I approached my home. I had no idea what to do with him. It was something I thought about the entirety of the walk while Jin chatted my ears off about finding my soulmate. Where is Jin gonna go?

"Jin, come here." I gestured for him to follow while I circled around to the back of my house.

There was a door that de-escalated into my basement. I took my chances and led the Cupid down there. What else could I do? Barge into my house with a grown-ass man and claim I'm adopting him?

The basement wasn't too shabby, but it was very unmaintained. It was meant to be a room for trapping annoying children in my step-mother's head. Unfortunately, no one ever comes down here.

The basement was furnished to look homey and comfortable. Kind of like Eric Foreman's basement from That 70's Show. On a side note, that showed was amazing.

I showed Jin everything he needed for survival. There was a fridge, microwave, couch, TV, and even a spare bedroom. He has all he needs.

"I'll give you a spare toothbrush and I'll send you the WiFi password through Snapchat." I jogged up the stairs that lead to the living room only to be stopped by Jin.

"Hey, what about clothes?"

"You and my brother are around the same size. I'll steal some of his old clothes. Kay, bye." I retreated upstairs and closed the door to the basement.

I had a feeling Jin was safe down there, but I was a tad bit frightened he'll find up what happens upstairs.

"Jiyeon!" It was the same eerie voice that would make me want to gouge my eyes out. My step-mom. "Where were you?"

She wavered around with a can of beer in hand. I usually avoid her at all costs when she's drunk, but I guess now it's inevitable.

"Karin-"

"Yah!" Her voice screeched. "What did I tell you! You're supposed to call me mother, learn some damn respect."

I tried my best to bite back my words, but it couldn't be helped. "You're not my mother."

"And you better be blessed I'm not. Be grateful to have me, your whore of a mom left you." She took another sip of the alcoholic beverage.

I hated every time she even mentioned my mother. Her words burned. Stung. They hurt. I knew Karin hated my mother. I knew my siblings resented her for leaving. But she was still better than Karin.

It was true. My mom did leave my father for another man, but that's not the whole story. My father gained full custody of me and my brothers when my mother left and became an entrepreneur. My father then remarried, his second wife being Karin, from a wealthy family. Yet Karin was the laziest, most manipulative, and craziest person ever to live. All she did was sit at home, get drunk, and spend money while my dad worked his ass off at a construction site. My father works so long I barely see him once a day. It's almost like he didn't exist.

"So," Karin now fiddled with an empty beer can. "Where were you?"

"I'm always out-"

"That's not what I asked you." She awaited an answer. I knew that all she'd do was twist my words around to hurt me.

"I was with Jungkook, you remember him."

"Jungkook?" She perked up. "What, a guy? So you're whoring around just like your mother, aren't you?"