Yeonwoo

I laid flatly in bed, silencing my phone and staring up at the ceiling. I couldn't sleep, I wish me and Taehyung could've talked more but things never turn out the way I want them to be.

I pushed myself up from bed, eager to distract myself with some company before I get those late night thoughts. Usually, at night I start to contemplate things, I tend to make myself feel worse, and those feelings never go away. I'd rather get out the house and do something than sit here and mope around, my parents wouldn't have to know anyways, I sneak out the house all the time so it's nothing new.

I put on a pale pink sweatshirt and some light blue jeans with rips at the knees. I slip on my white adidas with pink strips, it's clear already that my favorite color is pink.

"Hayan, come here girl." My huskie dog came running over from her dog bed in my room, she hops onto my lap although she knows she's too big.

Hayan barks whenever I leave, It gives her anxiety to be left alone, it gets so bad that we can't leave her home alone for too long or she'll get very ill. My parents think it's a hassle but I just think it's another need I need to assess. I lead Hayan to my parents room, hoping she wouldn't wake them up.

Before they could wake up, I closed the door shut and escaped out the house. It was dark, the time was around twelve o'clock.

I wasn't sure were I wanted to be, but I'd rather be anywhere than alone. So I walked, aimlessly, unsure of my destination or my route. I walked.

The brisk air was somewhat cool tonight, I favored conditions like this. Where I can look up at the night sky for hours, clear of any blockage. Where I can feel the cool breeze at my face, coating me in a comforting hug. Where I can let my thoughts run rampant, and feel relieved of all troubles. I love blissful nights like those. Nights like these.

But tonight, I wasn't in the mood for stargazing, contemplation or reflection. I felt alone. I was in the mood for comfort. The best way to get that is through love, but it seems like that emptiness in my heart will never be filled, will it?

I check the time once more. Twelve thirty-four. I was hoping that Jiyeon got to enjoy her first date. Maybe this will be the start of something new for her, but either way, I'm happy for her. She seems to be doing well, that's great. She's at least doing better than me, so that's a plus.

I neared a convenience store. The lights were dim inside, the place clearly hasn't been maintained well over the years. The people who hung around it here were no good either. A trio of men loitered near the entrance of the store. One had a cigarette balanced in between his middle finger and ring finger. I didn't like the presence these men gave off, so, Ikept walking.

"Hey, pretty girl, why don't you come over here?" I kept walking, completely overlooking the men and that specific store.

I turned towards a small market instead. It was filled with well kept fruits and vegetables, preserved foods, appliances, and other miscellaneous items. I went inside, the place was just about to close, but me being a customer, prohibited the staff from leaving. I could hear one worker mutter obscenities under his breath as he watched me look through their stock. I passed numerous aisles until I found on with canned foods. At the end was where they sold cups of ramen.

"Bingo." I waltzed towards them, picking one up before turning around.

I didn't make it far before I heard my name calling me back. "Yeonwoo, what are you doing out this late?" I recognized that voice instantly.

Behind me was standing the one and only, Park Jimin. He glared at me with a confused expressions as I took two steps back from him. "I wanted to leave the house, so I did. What about you, I thought your parents would kill you if you were out this late."