Ch. 9 (Real)

Last time in Chapter 8:

   3 months have gone by since I've last talked to that bastard. I've never tried to approach him or talk to him. Nor has he tried. I'm so confused. When he asks me if I remember him, I only see a whirlpool of pain reflecting in his onyx black orbs.

It's all so confusing and frustrating. Sasuke won't tell me anything. I...I just wish everything was a nightmare right now.

Naruto's POV

   It's time for me to talk to Sasuke. I'm tired of being kept in the dark. It obviously involves me, whatever Sasuke remembers and I don't. I'm going to go crazy if he doesn't say anything, but...it's the weekend. Should I text him? Nah, that'll be weird and I probably won't get anything out of him. Right...?

"Argh!!!!!! SASUKE!!!!!" I screamed into my pillow.

Sasuke's POV

It's Saturday.
Another boring day.
   We have not spoken for ages now. I bet he's wanting to know about what happened after our conversation on the roof. Maybe I should go see his grandmother.
   Naruto probably won't be in the house and I'll be able to chat with her again.
   Yeah, I'll go and talk with her.

Bzzt. Bzzt. Bzzt. Bzzt.

What is it? I pulled out my phone and looked at the screen.

Dobe: Teme! Tell me what happened!

Me: Dobe, we don't talk for months and you demand an explanation? No thank you.

Dobe: Um...
Dear Sasuke,
    As a "friend" I'm asking that you give me an explanation of our childhood.
                                                            Sincerely,
                                                                         Naruto
Dobe: There, happy!!!?

Me: No, but I'm coming over to your house, so maybe you'll get an answer.

Dobe: What? How do you know where I live?!

Me: I have my secrets love 😉 See you there.

Dobe: Hey! Don't come! You see this? Don't come!

   I chuckle as I looked at his last few texts. He really knows how to brighten up my day.

                                                                                   Time Skip

   Hn.. The old granny didn't change anything about the place. It's been a couple years since I've been here. 

Ding  Dong

   The door opened up immediately to show the familiar kind face of the old woman. 

"Sasuke, is that you?" She reached her hands out to touch my face. 

"Hello again, grandma. It's been awhile, how have you been?" I smiled. 

"Oh Sasuke! It's really you! Well, everything is good. I believe you know Naruto came back?" 

"Yes, I have. I wanted to talk to you about him today."

   Her expression saddened a bit as soon as I mentioned it. 

She sighed deeply before replying, "Very well, it's not like I can keep it from you forever." 

   She opened the door wider for me to walk in. 

"Is Naruto here?" I asked. 

"Oh of course. I might've been mistaken, but I think I even heard him scream your name. Though it was muffled and I am getting older these days." She chuckled. 

"That's interesting. Well, getting right to the point, you haven't told Naruto anything, have you?" 

"No, I have not. His mother has forbidden me to tell him anything. Though she hasn't forbidden me to tell you." She chuckled softly again. 

"So, it's okay if you're not directly telling Naruto and he so happens to eavesdrop? Correct?" I emphasized the word eavesdrop noticeably on purpose. 

"Oh! Naruto dear, are you there?" She called. 

   There was no response in return, but we both knew he was there. He wasn't very quiet and his hair kind of gives him away from behind the staircase. 

Naruto's POV

   I heard the doorbell ring and I knew it was Sasuke. Damn him, I told him not to come. Though I kind of knew he would anyways... When grandma opened up the door, I heard her saying something to him in a cheerful tone. How would he know my grandma? 

   I went downstairs quietly and hid behind a space near the staircase. I heard Sasuke talking with my grandma about something about my parents and not telling me something. Now I'm curious. 

"So, it's okay if you're not directly telling Naruto and he so happens to eavesdrop? Correct?" Sasuke said louder than normal. 

   Crap! He knows I'm here, and grandma does too...

"Oh! Naruto dear, are you there?" She called out. 

   If I stay quiet they'll know I'm here still, but if I go out, it'll be awkward between Sasuke and me... Fuck this! 

   I came out from behind with a sheepish smile plastered on my face. 

"Ha ha. You guys found me. Um, Sasuke, why are you here?" I tried to question him casually.

"Naruto! Come here and sit down with us." Grandma patted a spot next to her on the worn down couch. 

   I walked over and sat down lightly so the dust doesn't fly into the air. 

"I guess it's alright to tell Naruto now. I mean, I swore to his mother 11 years ago. I think it's okay." She sighed. 

   Sasuke looked at me. "Are you alright with hearing the truth about this?" 

"That's the thing, Sasuke. I don't understand anything right now. You go and blab about not remembering you and wanting to know the truth and calling me something that I didn't even hear!" I ranted. 

"Naruto, calm down. I will tell you both what happened. Sasuke, you probably have lived with guilt for a long time, when actually you haven't done anything. So I will tell the full truth about what happened on that day." Grandma said. 

To be continued...