Ch. 15

Naruto's POV

"Naruto, are you well enough to go to school?" Grandma asked from the doorway.

"No."

"Do you want me to bring you something to eat or drink?" She asked.

"No."

"Are you-"

"Can you please go away?!" I yelled, cutting her off.

"Alright dear. Get some rest." She sighed and closed the door behind her.

   It's been 3 days since Grandma last told the story. 3 days since Sasuke came to talk to me. 3 days of utter confusion.
   Random memories pop up here and there. All of them containing a younger me with another kid I'm assuming is Sasuke.
   Those random bursts of memories don't help though. None of them connect. It doesn't help with the extra pounding that courses through my head every time it happens too.
   I need answers soon, or I'll go crazy.

Sasuke's POV

   I haven't gone to see Naruto for a few days. I thought he needed some space, but today I'll go and visit him, just to see how he is. 

"...suke!"

   It was a bad idea to bombard him with everything anyways.

"...asuke!"

It overwhelmed him...

"Sasuke!!!!!!!!" A voice screamed, snapping me from my thought.

   I glared at the person who yelled in my ear.

"Dude, you alright? I've been trying to call your name for ages." Kiba scratched his head.

"I'm fine. I was just thinking about something." I rolled my eyes.

"If you say so! Now then, Naruto hasn't come to school for awhile. Do you think something bad happened to him?" He asked while shoving a fistful of chips in his mouth.

"No. He probably doesn't want to go to school just because it's Naruto." I replied with a shrug.

"True true. That sounds like something Naruto would do." He nodded in agreement.

   Naruto is still recovering, that much I know. How long it will take is a mystery. Did it hurt him that much?

"Sasuke! Stop ignoring me!!!" Kiba grumbled.

"Why should I?" I smirked before walking out the class right as the bell rang.

Later that day...

"Hey." I arrived at Naruto's house, just to stop by to see how he's doing. 

"What are you doing here?" He looked at me with traces of surprise in his eyes. 

"Just...to see how you're doing, you know? Last time I saw you, you were kind of dying on the inside." I shrugged while placing my hand on the back of my neck. 

"I'm okay now. You didn't have to visit." He looked away. 

"I didn't have to, but I did." I smiled a bit. 

   He's been so difficult to try to talk to nowadays. He likes to give short replies now to everything anyone says. He's holding something in, I just need him to open up. 

"How's your mom?" I ventured. 

"Ha! My mom? Don't even talk about that stupid bitch!" He gave a dry laugh. 

"What happened?" I gave a concerned look. His mother and him had a pretty good relationship when he was younger. She was a very kind lady, someone who couldn't even hurt a fly, even though she was absolutely terrified of them.

"You think that woman who gave birth to me cares?! Well if she did, I wouldn't be here. If she did, I wouldn't be in this fucking situation where I suffer every single time I try to think about my past life! She couldn't handle my outbursts of pain anymore! So she did what any other person would do; she threw me out!" He screamed, tears started to stream down his whiskered cheeks. 

"Naruto, that's-"

"What do you know?! What could you possibly know about her and me?!" He clutched his head tightly. 

"You're right, I don't know much about your relationship, but I do know that she loves you. She didn't throw you out, she put you back to a place she thought would make you happy. Can't you see that?" 

"How is this a place that would make me happy? Isn't this the place where it all started? Isn't this the place that started my path of constant suffering? Sasuke tell me, how could she love me when she's done all this to me?" He grabbed onto the ends of my shirt tightly, his hands and body trembling. 

   I leaned down and sat down on the bed next to him. I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him into a tight embrace. 

"Naruto, you don't understand yet. Right now, I bet your mother is crying at home by herself as well. Probably questioning if what she did was right. You are loved by so many people around you, but you have yet to open your eyes and see that. Yes, you suffered so much these past years, but you have to also see that there are others around you that are suffering just as much as you." 

"I know, but how can I care about the others when I can barely understand my own pain? Can you answer me that? It sounds selfish, to not care about others, but how should I care to those, when I need help myself?" He cried harder into my shirt. 

   I started to rock back and forth in a rhythmic tempo, just like I always did when we were younger. 

"No one said you had to care. Just be aware. You're not the only one. Just know you're not alone. Just know that there are others around you that need help, just like you."

"Sasuke...i-it hurts so much! My heart too! For years, I've had to live with this constant beating to myself. I don't know....I don't know how much longer I'll be able to last." He sobbed. 

"Shhh...Naruto. I'm here for you now, okay? I'm here. Now you don't have to keep it all in. You can give me your burden that you've been carrying for awhile." I rested the side of my cheek on his soft golden hair while continuing to rock him. 

"S-Sasuke...promise me, this is not a lie?" He stifled a yawn. 

"I promise." I kissed the top of his forehead lightly, as his eyes fluttered close and he drifted into a peaceful sleep. 

   Naruto, you've trusted me once more. How long will I be able to keep that for you though? My only wish now is for you to live happily, with no worries, to continue being that ball of sunshine that puts a smile on anyone's face, no matter what. I will risk anything, just for your sake...

A/N: Whoo! Hit over a thousand words again. Hope you like this one. I try my very best not to make these chapters super depressing and emotional, but it's kind of needed to develop the characters a bit better. I try to convey the characters' feelings in a way for you guys (the readers) to try to understand and feel them too. (though I'm probably not doing too good at that -_-). Anyways, hope you like this one too, and thx for all the readers that read this story. Until next time! :)