Ch. 17

Sasuke's POV

People have been telling me that Naruto has died. No, not just random people, it was specifically his parents and mine. Why would they tell me such a lie when he's alive? None of the pieces match up...I know who can tell me though.

"Hello?! Grandma are you there?" I shouted.

A few minutes passed before the click of the door was heard and Naruto's grandmother stepped out.

"Why hello again! Is there something you need?" She asked.

"Yes, I need you to tell me something very important. It might even clear some things up for me. May I come inside?"

"Of course dear." She stepped aside so I could walk in.

After we were settled in the living room, she looked up at me and smiled.

"What is it that you have to know today?"

"Why....did everyone tell me that Naruto was dead?"

Her eyes widened, but she quickly replaced it with a nonchalant look.

"Whatever do you mean?" She asked with a smile still on her face.

"You do realize that I'm not a little kid anymore right? You can't lie to my face as easily as you have done before. So don't beat around the bush and get straight to the point." I said, with a bit of a demanding tone to it.

She sighed heavily, "Sasuke, you are right. I shouldn't try those petty tricks on a high schooler."

"Please go on." I leaned forward a bit.

"Now..why did we tell you a lie? Why of course it's to protect you. You were still so shocked after the incident, you're hands wouldn't stop trembling, you kept shouting 'there's blood on my hands' in random outbursts. How would you have reacted if you heard that your brother is in a coma, has a slim chance of surviving, and might not be able to wake up ever again? You were already dwelling on the fact that everything was your fault. If we have told you the truth, you would've lost it."

"Do you think that telling me that he died instead was a better idea?! Then how come when he did survive you didn't tell me?! You have no idea what I went through when I heard that he 'died.' Do you have any idea what I went through?! NO, you don't because you weren't protecting me! You were protecting yourselves. You didn't want to admit the fact that Naruto has gone through so much at such a young age. Why, we don't need another mentally injured child on our hands so we'll just say that Naruto died! Brilliant!" I was practically yelling at her now.

"Sasuke calm down. It truly was meant to protect you from the truth."

"Protect me!? Do you know how long I've suffered by myself, no comfort from anyone. I thought I lost my brother forever, but here he is! Not dead like you people declared he was!" I felt the tears forming, but I can't cry, not now.

"Look, Sasuke. Take a deep breath and calm yourself. Let me expl-"

"No! I don't want to hear anything from you anymore. Who knows if they're just lies too?! How can I ever trust anything you say, I'm not even sure if the stories you told Naruto and I are true."

I got up and left the house in a hurry. I can't listen to anyone anymore. I have to figure it all out by myself along with Naruto.

If I'm correct, then Naruto should be at the public library nearby. I need to talk to him, either he wants to or not. I can't lose him again, but first I need to know what he saw that day.

A/N: Hi people! So I'm gonna just say that this chapter was probably pretty boring right? Well the next few chapter might be like that too, but it's just to get the pieces in the right places. So please hang in there! Thank you for reading!