Ch. 16

Naruto's POV

"Ugh...S-Sasuke, why?"  

   I can taste the fresh blood in my mouth, dripping down my chin. The same blood streaming from my stomach. The intense heat and pain boiling in my gut, it hurts too much. 

"NO! Naruto!" 

   Darkness envelopes my consciousness as I see Sasuke's bloody handy reaching for me. I thought we were friends?

"Ah!" I jerk awake, sweat was dripping down the sides of my temples. 

   Not again, not the same nightmare again. Over and over it reappears, every single night. I haven't been getting any sleep because of it. 

"Naruto, are you alright dear?" I heard grandma call from behind the door. 

"Everything's fine. Go back to sleep." I heard a faint sigh and seconds later, heard her retreating footsteps. 

"I wish everything was fine." I muttered under my breath before closing my eyes once more, allowing myself to succumb into the darkness again. 

Sasuke's POV

   I see red, too much of it. It's all over me, but why? I hear groaning noises in front of me. Naruto? Is that you? Why are you covered in red too? I look down. 

Oh. I stabbed him...

I stabbed him? 

Did I really stab my best friend that's basically a brother to me? 

I-I stabbed him, and it's all my fault...He's hurt because of me, and he will die because of me...no, no, no no no no NO! 

"S-Sasuke...." Naruto groaned, more red started to cover him. 

"Naruto, I didn't mean to! Please come back to me! Don't leave me! Naruto!" I reached my hand out.

   All of a sudden, a black abyss appeared underneath me. 

"Goodbye, traitor." Naruto pushed me, leaving me to fall to my death. 

"No!" I bolted upright in bed. 

   Looking at my hands, I still see red...Too much of it. No matter what I do, it's always there, it's a reminder of what I did to him and it'll taunt me for the rest of my life. 

"Naruto, will you ever remember me? Will you ever remember the good and bad memories that we shared in our childhood?" I whispered at the thin air in front of me. 

   Of course not. It's too much to ask for. It's a miracle I was able to even see him again. I thought he had really died. Well, that's what everyone has been telling me.

   Wait...that's what everyone has told me...

   What's going on? 

A/N: Hey people! Remember me? Sorry for the long wait, I'm just very busy with school and I kind of had no idea what to write for this chapter, which leads to writer's block, and then to no motivation, but how can I leave you guys?? I'm so grateful to have readers like you, taking your time to even read this. Thank you! It's a short update, I know, but I'll try to have something out on Monday or Tuesday....Thanks again! Until next time!