Ch. 18

Naruto's POV

"Oi, Naruto, you've been ignoring me for awhile." Sasuke said. 

"Have I?" I replied back. 

   I was actually trying to think about something, but disguised it with a book underneath to make it look like I'm reading something. I have so much on my mind, that it's killing my head, but this is my one chance to try to remember something for once. 

"Oi! Are you listening? I need to ask you some stuff." Sasuke leaned down to yell into my ear. 

"Shut up will ya? I'm a bit busy." I glared. 

"Busy my ass, you haven't turned that page for 30 minutes. Obviously you're not reading anything, baka." Sasuke grumbled. 

"Alright, you caught me. What do you need to ask me?" 

"Let's go to my place to discuss this. I don't need people eavesdropping on us and it might upset you a bit." Sasuke shoved his hands in his pocket and looked away. 

"Okay then, you think I'm gonna go to your place because you said so?" I scoffed in disbelief. 

"I know nothing good came out of being alone with me, but my mom is there today, it's her break from work and I don't need funny business right now either, I'm really serious about this." Sasuke said, with a solemn look. 

"Hm, alright then, but one move and I'm out!" I glared and started packing my stuff up. 

  We walked out of the library, down the steps, and onto the sidewalk. 

"Let's take the bus." I suggested. 

"What the hell? Why would you waste money on that when you can walk?" He gave me a look as if I was a crazy person. 

"Huh? It's not wasting money, Teme! Why can't we take the bus?" 

"Why can't we just walk? It's easier." He raised an eyebrow at me. 

"I-I just can't..." I mumbled. 

"What'd you say? I didn't hear you." He leaned closer. 

"I said I can't! Okay? I can't!" I ended up shouting in his face. 

   Startled he looked at me weirdly before a look of realization took over.

"Alright then, let's take the bus." He ushered me to a bus station. 

   It was pure silence the whole time we waited. It was unbearably awkward just standing there next to him. Finally the bus came and we rode it all the way to the stop near his house. We walked all the way to his house, which looked more like a mansion, and entered. 

"I'm home!" He yelled before heading upstairs. 

"Sasuke! Greet your mother before disappearing upstairs! You've been gone the whole day doing who knows-" 

   She trailed off when she made eye contact with me, then a sudden burst of noise came from the floor in front of her as she dropped the bowl she was holding. 

"Kaa-san?" Sasuke rushed towards his mom and moved her away from the glass pieces. "What are you doing?" 

"N-Naruto? Is that you?" Her hand started to tremble and sweat formed at the top of her forehead. 

"Hello. I am Uzumaki Naruto. I think you know me, if what Sasuke told me was right." I gave her a smile, trying to make her look more comfortable and not so rigid. 

"S-Sasuke, what is the meaning of this?!" She started to tremble uncontrollably now as she faced Sasuke with an angry expression. 

"What are you talking about? Kaa-san, calm down first, you're going to faint if you keep standing here in that condition." Sasuke patted his mom's back soothingly and started leading her towards what looked like the living room. 

   She sat down; a couple minutes later she turned to look at me then to Sasuke. 

"Explain." She said. 

"It's the one and only Naruto, Kaa-san. The same one." Sasuke's face had a smile, but his eyes glared at her. 

"No, that's not possible." She laughed nervously. "You died 4 years ago." 

"Um, I didn't die. Sasuke is here to explain or ask me something and I would really like to hear that from him because I do have a limited time right now. He should explain to you everything later himself." I confronted. 

"Excuse us, Kaa-san. I'm sorry I didn't tell you before, but I'll explain everything later." Sasuke apologized while pushing me up the stairs." 

"Jeez, why are you harsh towards your own mother?" I "scolded" him. 

"That's not being harsh Naruto." He replied while opening his door to his room. "Sit down over there." 

   He pointed to a spot on his bed. I gave him a look and he rolled his eyes. 

"Okay, sit in that chair then." He pointed to a chair in front of his black desk. 

"Alright, now what do you have to say to me?" I sighed. 

"It's about that day." 

A/N: I probably won't be updating as frequently because of summer school! Hurray..! I will update as much as I can because I am trying to get to the good parts/climax. Please forgive me. Thank you for staying to read this story! :)