Ch. 14

"Have you ever wondered about the stars?" A small raven cocked his head to the side in confusion to the question from his older brother.

"The stars? What is there to wonder about them?" He replied in a small voice.

"The stars are pretty, that's what I know!" The young blonde exclaimed happily.

"Naruto, Sasuke, listen carefully to what I'm going to tell you."

The two young children looked up at the older one with admiration.

"Do you know what the stars symbolize?"

"Nope!" They both shook their heads.

"Each star could represent each person on this earth. Including you two." He pointed at them.

"Wow! Really?!" Naruto's eyes sparkled with enthusiasm.

"It shows the way people interact with each other. Some stay together forever, some split up eventually."

"Aniki, what are you trying to say?" Sasuke huffed with impatience.

Itachi chuckled, "Your fate can be represented by the stars above us. It could tell you your path in life." He pointed upwards.

   Naruto looked up at the sky, lying down gently on the grass, pulling Sasuke with him.

"I think we'll be together." He commented with a innocent smile on his whiskered face.

"How do you know?" Sasuke looked at him curiously.

"The stars up there are all together in pairs! One of those pairs are us, probably."

"There's a group over there that's separated. That could be us." Sasuke pointed at a pair of stars separated by mere inches.

"Sasuke, that could be us. It's separated, but it'll come back together." Naruto smiled at him.

   Sasuke smiled back at his comforting words.

"Promise me, we'll stay together forever?"

"Yup!"  Naruto nodded.

"Silly children." Itachi chuckled.

A tear slips down a pale cheek as the memory slowly fades away into darkness. The raven wanting to see more, to remember more, feels the lonely pain in his heart once more.