Ch. 11

Naruto's POV

   I don't remember a single thing about that event. It looks like Sasuke remembers somewhat based on his expression.

"Grandma, are you sure that's what happened?"

"Of course, why would I make it up? I was there." She replied.

"It happened Naruto. I don't remember all of it, but I do remember some parts of it." Sasuke said.

   I can't even describe the frustration of not being able to remember anything right now. It's as though there's a void in my memories and I can't get them back. Sometimes if I try to hard to remember  something, my head starts to pound like crazy and it gets to the point where I can't think for a little bit.

"Naruto, don't try to think right now, just open your ears and listen." Grandma said. "Now then, another story of an event that led to the tragedy. We were at a park, not the playground type, it was just a field of green grass with lot of space for picnics and for little kids to run around..."

"Sasuke, let's play?" Naruto asked, eyes wide in anticipation.
"Ok." Sasuke nodded his head in agreement.
"What shall we play today?" Naruto sighed loudly, stretching his arms out.
"Do you just want to sit over there and talk a bit?" Sasuke suggested.
   Naruto thought for a moment before nodding his head and walked with Sasuke towards the lone willow tree swaying its arms of leaves in the gentle breeze passing by.
   They sat down with their legs out in front of them, neither of them talking. They just sat in comfortable silence, letting the breeze toss their hair around a bit.
"Sasuke." Naruto broke the silence.

"Yeah?"

"Do you remember what you told me in the cave?"

"Of course I do. How could I forget?" Sasuke glanced at the now fidgeting blonde.

"Were you serious about that?" He asked.

"Why would I say something that I wouldn't be serious about?" Sasuke raised his eyebrow in confusion.

"I'm was just curious. I want you to know that I...I will also protect you forever." Naruto smiled at him.

His smile spread onto Sasuke's face. "Thank you."

"I love you, Sasuke." Naruto grinned shyly at the raven, with a slight blush dusted on his cheeks.

"I love you too. Don't forget that...brother...." Sasuke wrapped his arm around the blonde's shoulder, pulling Naruto close to him.

"I promise I will never forget! I will always remember, no matter what. You just promise too." Naruto rested his head on the raven's shoulder.

"I promise too. I will always remember, this promise bonds us together, and it will always bond us, okay?" Sasuke rested his small head on Naruto's.

   Naruto smiled in pure bliss. He felt truly happy, nothing in the world can replace this feeling of happiness.
   Sasuke felt peace in his heart. He was content with how his life was. He looked forward to spending his life with Naruto, his beloved brother.

"Love you." They both said before succumbing to the call of sleep.

A/N: And another short chapter for you all!!! Just a side story that I thought would be cute. Soon the real tragedy will happen :(
Thank you for everyone who's reading and I'll see you next time! Bye bye!!
(Sorry for the errors too if any and I fixed some really stupid mistakes in the other chapter so that's there.)