Ch. 10

Previously in Ch. 9:

"I guess it's alright to tell Naruto now. I mean, I swore to his mother 11 years ago. I think it's okay." She sighed.

   Sasuke looked at me. "Are you alright with hearing the truth about this?"

"That's the thing, Sasuke. I don't understand anything right now. You go and blab about not remembering you and wanting to know the truth and calling me something that I didn't even hear!" I ranted.

"Naruto, calm down. I will tell you both what happened. Sasuke, you probably have lived with guilt for a long time, when actually you haven't done anything. So I will tell the full truth about what happened on that day." Grandma said.

Sasuke's POV

   Wait, what does she mean the "full" truth? I'm pretty sure I know exactly what happened...then again, it was a long time ago...
   Naruto was staring intently at his grandmother, probably wanting her to keep talking.

"Now then, where should I start?" She sighed. "It all started when you guys were say about 4? It was a pleasant day..."

"Naruto! Come on!" Sasuke shouted with a big smile.
   Laughter can be heard behind the raven.
"I'm coming Sasuke!!" Naruto shouted back in delight.
   They ran through the lush, green forest, laughing all the way through, scaring the birds in the treetops.
   Sasuke stopped by a small creek that led to a pond full of koi fish.
"Naruto, look at this. It's fish!!" Sasuke squealed in delight.
"Sasuke, that's not interesting. Let's go over there." Naruto pointed towards a hill a few miles from them.
"But, mommy said not to go there." Sasuke shook his head.
"It's ok right? It's just for a little bit!" Naruto tugged on Sasuke's crossed arms.
   After a few more tugs and begs, Sasuke gave in. They ran past the forest, into a golden field that stretched wide across the earth.
"Beautiful!!" They both shouted in awe.
   They continued to run with their nimble legs across the plain, until they reached their destination.
"Oh, I didn't know it was this big." Naruto murmured.
"It probably looked small because we were far away from it." Sasuke smiled.
"Right! Let's try climbing." Naruto suggested.
"Eh? We can't climb this without mommy or daddy. It's too dangerous for us. What if something bad happens?" Sasuke asked with concern found in his voice.
"Relax. It's ok. We'll be fine!" Naruto smiled, reassuring Sasuke.
"Ok..." He agreed.
   By the time they reached the top, the sun was retiring for the day, lighting the sky with an orange hue.
"Naruto, we can't make it back like this." Fear gripped Sasuke.
"It's ok! We can totally make it! We know this place like the back of our hand. Easy!" Naruto said, trying to reassure himself and Sasuke.
"If you say so." Sasuke replied, still unsure.
   The two boys were able to climb down faster than climbing up and headed towards where they came from.
   All of a sudden, they heard snarls and growls echo around them.
"S-Sasuke...We're surrounded.." Naruto's eyes widened in fear.
"Naruto, run!" Sasuke shouted as he took Naruto's hand in his.
   They ran as fast as they could, dodging trees and stray branches sticking out.
   The growls and snarls were still close behind as they continued to run.
"Sasuke! I can't run anymore!" Naruto screamed.
"Keep going! We can't stop, unless we want to die!" Sasuke shouted back at him.
   Sweat drenched their faces and their breathing became uneven and more ragged as they ran for their lives.
   Sasuke heard cries behind him and knew Naruto couldn't hold in his tears anymore. Then he spotted a small cave up ahead.
"Naruto, we're almost there. Just pick up the pace a little more and we can definitely lose them." Sasuke shouted as he ran towards the direction of the cave faster, dragging Naruto behind him.
   As they approached, they jumped into the cave, both rolling over in a corner to hide themselves from the beasts.
   Luckily for them, it started to drizzle, meaning it can erase their scent easily.
"S-Sasuke..I'm so scared." Naruto sobbed quietly into Sasuke's shirt.
   Sasuke was also scared and he didn't know what to do except comfort the younger one clinging to him.
"Shh.. it's ok Naruto. I'll protect you, forever." Sasuke whispered tenderly.
   Sasuke rubbed his hand on his back soothingly and rocked him slowly. Naruto's sobs turned into sniffles, then to even breathing. They spent the night in the cave until morning came.
   When they awoke, they heard shouts for their names from familiar voices. Sasuke shot up along with Naruto. They crawled out of the cave quickly and ran towards the direction of the voices.
"Mommy!!!!!!!!!" Sasuke screamed with tears forming in his eyes.
"Sasuke!!!" His mother ran towards him with outstretched arms.
"Naruto!!" His mother also cried out while hugging him with a death grip.
"Mommy!" Naruto cried on her shoulder.
"Where have you boys been?!" Sasuke's mother scolded.
"W-We went to the hill over there and climbed it, but when we finished it was night time already. After getting down we were chased by wolves, I think." Sasuke explained.
"Wolves?!" Naruto's mother's face twisted into shock.
"Yeah..then Sasuke found a cave and we hid in there." Naruto finished.
"Do you both know that you could've died yesterday!?!" Sasuke's mother angrily cried out.
"I'm sorry mommy..." Sasuke started to cry harder.
   He was tired from running so much and cranky from not getting much rest in the cave. Naruto was in the same condition and ended up fainting from exhaustion.
"Well, I'm just worried about you two. You could've been killed..." Sasuke's mother cried more at the thought of losing her youngest child.
   Naruto's mother also cried harder at the thought of losing her only ball of sunshine.

"..and that was only the beginning of your adventures." Naruto's grandmother said.

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry about the really late update, but there's something called school that induces homework. Some of the symptoms can be stress and anxiety. Hope you guys don't have that 😂 Anyways, just letting you know that there's more to the flash backs of the "full" truth and to apologize for making you guys wait so long. And if there's any errors sorry about that too cuz I'm kind of rushing. I'll proof read it later though if there are such mistakes. Bye bye!! And thank you so much for reading this!!! 😊