Adam's Needle

"Best friends" or "friend in need". The characteristic hardiness of this flower is considered symbolic of the ability of true friends to overcome every obstacle in their way to building an everlasting bond.  

Sooyoung couldn't remember what happened. She only knows that she was having a bad dream. She's gasping as if she's been running a marathon. Her powers have returned to its full strength but she can't shake this feeling that something's wrong.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Wendy just finished cooking their breakfast and sets it on the table. "There's color on your face now. Unlike yesterday you looked so pale."

Sooyoung scratches the back of her neck. "I overdid it a little bit yesterday, didn't I?"

"A little bit?" Wendy laughs. "Anyways, you and I are going out today. We'll go shopping and eat lots of food."

"What for?" Sooyoung looks at her innocently.

Wendy shakes her head in disbelief. "Women need to treat themselves once in a while and so that's what we're doing." The angel wants to protest. "No buts. We're going. Go wash up."

Wendy helps Sooyoung picks out her clothes. They spend hours in dress shops trying various styles of clothing: from innocently cute to sexy like a bombshell. After shopping, they agree to go to a café shop for dinner.

"So, did you enjoy today?" Wendy asks as she takes a sip of her drink. She sees her friend looking distracted. When she notices that she's looking at her reflection again, she can't help but sigh. "Sooyoung-ah..."

Sooyoung snaps out of her reverie. "Oh, sorry. I just... got distracted. What were you saying?"

"Tell me what's wrong." Wendy comforts her. "I know you. Something's troubling you."

Sooyoung sighs and puts on a sad smile on her face. "I miss my wings. It's been 200 years but there's something about my wings that's very important to me. It was the strongest out of everyone. It was as white as snow, as strong as the wind, and as powerful as a hurricane. There's nothing like it in heaven. There's something about my wings that made me feel safe, warm and something else that I couldn't explain."

"Can't you make an appeal for yourself? I mean, you didn't do it on purpose. It was basically self-defense, she was possessed." Wendy defends.

"It's been 200 years Wendy. I'm still here, wingless and you're still stuck, unaging; never moving forward." Sooyoung shrugs and sees that her friend looks worried. "Don't worry. I won't lose hope. I won't go down there. I have you when I need some reminding."

Wendy grabs the angel's hands above the table. "It's not so bad. I mean, who else can say that they met a real angel in their lifetime?" a genuine smile breaks out of Sooyoung's angelic face. "You know what, I have a surprise for you later."

"You wouldn't tell me what it is even if I ask you, would you?"

"IT wouldn't be a surprise if I told you now, would it?" the girls giggles.

As soon as they returned home, Wendy picked out a specific look for Sooyoung: a white body-hugging dress that reaches just above her knees, white boots, white choker, the angel's usually long straight hair is curled, finished by smoky make up. Sooyoung doesn't look like an innocent angel anymore she transforms into a bad-ass looking bounty hunter undercover searching for her prey.

 Sooyoung doesn't look like an innocent angel anymore she transforms into a bad-ass looking bounty hunter undercover searching for her prey