Iris

Iris – A Promise of LOVE and a symbol of HOPE

As much as Sungjae wants to spend time with Sooyoung, she requested for both him and Changsub to give her and Wendy some privacy. She can't face Sungjae right now, knowing that the possibility of him and her being together is next to impossible.

"Tell me what's wrong." Wendy urges her as soon as they got back at the safe house.

Sooyoung sighs, slumping on the couch. "I just find out the truth. About why I was sent here."

"Oh... That..." Wendy mutters, clearly not surprised.

"I'm guessing you know?" Sooyoung asks.

Wendy shakes her head. "I know something but not everything. The angels that sent you here 200 years ago told me that you're the savior of heaven and that ii have to protect you no matter what. They also told me not to tell you anything. I'm sorry."

"You don't have to apologize." Sooyoung chuckles. "I'm not mad... just confused."

Wendy crosses her arms. "What exactly are you confused about?"

Sooyoung sighs. "Apparently, there's this prophecy where two angels are to become one so that they could battle the first fallen angel and the master of hell, it will determine the fate of heaven and hell."

"I'm guessing you're one of the two angels?" the girl nods at Wendy. "What does become one mean?"

Sooyoung blushes. "They mean it in every sense of the word."

"That's why you sent Sungjae and Changsub away." Wendy says in understanding. "You don't want him to know?"

Sooyoung shrugs. "I don't know. I'm not really sure."

"And now, you have to find another angel, fall in love with him, do some love making and defeat Lucifer and Satan to defend the fate of heaven." Wendy sums it up.

"I'm not gonna let some prophecy determine who I should and should not fall in love with." Sooyoung says with conviction. "If I have to fight Lucifer and Satan alone, I will do it. But I will not let it dictate my heart."

Wendy raises her eyebrow. "Are you saying that you have fallen in love with Sungjae?"

"What?" Sooyoung's eyes widen. "NO! That's impossible. He's a demon. I'm an angel. It's something that is not accepted."

Wendy chuckles. "Why are you saying it like that?"

"Like what?"

"Like you're convincing yourself more than you're convincing me." Wendy points out.

Sooyoung looks surprised. "I'm not."

"Alright fine. I won't stress you out any further." Wendy gives up. "But I do want to ask you, what will you do now?"

Sooyoung shrugs. "Find out as much as I can in this 'plan' to take over heaven."

Wendy stays quiet for a minute. She needs to tell Sooyoung the truth now. When the angel looks at the expression on her best friend's face, she immediately finds out that there's something that she's itching to say to her.

"You look like you have something to say to me." Sooyoung chuckles.

It's Wendy's turn to look surprised at her. "What? I don't know what you mean."

Sooyoung giggles. "You're too cute Wendy. We've been attached to the hip for more than 200 years. I know all of your expressions. Spill it. Is it a boy?"