Chrysanthemum

Chrysanthemum - symbol of death and mourning.

It was like everything stopped. How cruel is fate? They were just reunited and now... Sooyoung and Sungjae moves at a slow pace, gathering weapons for the upcoming battle. The male angel flies back to the girl's safe house where she's already dressed up to fight but her face says otherwise.

"Sooyoung..." Sungjae takes a seat next to the girl. "I know this'll be stupid to ask but... are you okay?"

Sooyoung chuckles bitterly. "Is it bad if I tell you that I'm not?" the boy shakes his head. "I mean, we just found each other. Why do we have to forget each other again?" she looks at him right in his eyes with tears in hers.

"Oh my angel..." Sungjae wraps his arms around her. "They said that there's just a chance. It may not happen. Let's just think positive, okay? We don't know if we'll really forget each other." His face suddenly turns solemn. "Besides, we don't have a choice. If we don't do this, Wendy, Chanyeol and Changsub's lives will be in danger."

Sooyoung nods understandingly and continues doing whatever preparation they still need. Sungjae may seem calm on the outside but inside? He's a mess. He might be the only being in this world who understands what Sooyoung is feeling right now. But he keeps thinking to himself should he really be controlling himself right now? When tomorrow seems so bleak?

"Fuck it." Sungjae strides towards the girl.

Sooyoung's arms are suddenly pulled back and her lips suddenly slam on Sungjae's anticipating ones. The male angel doesn't want to waste any more precious second away from the love of his life, grabbing waist tight, pulling her close and she could feel it, everything that they've both been feeling. She can feel it in that kiss. Sooyoung kisses back with the same passion, their dancing against each other tasting each other's fears and desperation, and above all, each other's love.

Sungjae begins to unbutton the shirt that Sooyoung is wearing as quickly as he could; unclasping the bra that she's wearing. Sooyoung in return pulls the t-shirt he's wearing over his head and unbuckles his pants. Sungjae carries her without breaking their lips apart and her legs wrapped around his waist. He carefully settles her on the bed and remains on top of her.

"You're mine." Sungjae growls as he begins to shower the girl with kisses on her neck, marking every spot of her milky white skin.

Sooyoung wraps her arms around him pulling her closer as his lips goes down towards her breast. "I'm yours."

It's like no matter how long Sungjae kisses Sooyoung, it will never be enough. He loves it when Sooyoung would arch her back because the pleasure that his tongue is giving her. He loves when she grabs his hair and pushing it even closer to the space in between her legs, not wanting for him to stop. He loves when she takes charge and gets on top of him, giving him the most pleasurable sensation that he ever experienced. Sungjae loves everything that Sooyoung has to offer simply because he loves her.

Sooyoung cries out as Sungjae gives one last push before pulling out and releasing himself on her bed. He looks at her seeing that her tears haven't stopped and he just pulls her back into his arms.

"I don't want to forget you again Sungjae." Sooyoung cries again. "I'm so sorry I can't be selfish to have this paradise with you. I have to save our friends."

Sungjae kisses the girl's forehead. "I know my love. That is one of the reasons why I love you the most." He sighs into her arms. "I don't want to forget you too but this is something that only we can do."

Sungjae and Sooyoung slowly get dressed again, pack everything and leave the angel's safe house. As soon as they leave the safety of their house and arrives at the forest a black puff of smoke surrounds them, transporting them to the club they last went to. At the largest couch of the place, a man who is wearing an all-black leather outfit with an evil smirk on his face. In front of him are the three human who meant everything to the two angels, hands bound behind their back and a piece of cloth to cover their mouths.

"Welcome, Angel Sooyoung, Angel Sungjae." The man in black greets them. "Just in case, you don't know who I am, my name is Lucifer."

Sungjae glares at him. "We know who you are. Let them go."

Sungjae's eyes land on Changsub. He's scared for him the most. He's happy that he's not a demon anymore; he doesn't have demonic powers anymore. But it also means that the bond that he forged with him is also gone now. It may be better that way since Changsub won't die if he does, but he has to get him out of harm's way first.

"We're here just like you want to." Sooyoung says in her own powerful voice. "Let them go."

Lucifer walks towards Wendy and plays with her hair. "And why would I do that?" he drags his nail across her chest slicing a shallow wound on her skin, making her and Chanyeol scream helplessly.

"STOP IT!" Sooyoung throws a white dagger at the demon who easily throws it to the side.

"Shall I hurt this one too?" Lucifer motions his fingers up, Chanyeol's arm rises to and bones can be heard breaking, at the same time that his deep voice got loud from the scream because of the pain.

Sooyoung's face turns to horror. "STOP! STOP IT! DON'T HURT HIM!"

Lucifer walks towards Changsub laughing at the angels' desperate faces. "You know Sungjae; you have never been a devil. You don't do as you're told and just did what you wanted to. I've been waiting for a chance to get back to you."

Lucifer pulls Changsub to stand up and walks in front of Sungjae and Sooyoung, who are already itching to do something, weapons drawn out.

"Sungjae..." Lucifer peels of the piece of cloth from the human's mouth. "I know that you formed a bond with our dear friend here..."

Sungjae grits his teeth. "I swear to God if you hurt him..."

Lucifer pulls out a black dagger and puts it on the human's neck. "...I'm still talking. Don't interrupt me."

"It's okay Sungjae." Changsub's fear suddenly disappears. He becomes calm in an instant. "It's okay. At least this way I can be with my wife and daughter again."

"Poor Sungjae." Lucifer mocks him. "Without your demonic powers, the bond also broke."

A tear escapes from Sungjae's brave façade. "Changsub... No..."

"...which means... I can do this." Lucifer dives the dagger straight through Changsub's heart, slowly and painfully until he is left with nothing but a lifeless body.

"CHAAANGSUUUB!" Sungjae's voice roars and swings his sword to Lucifer who immediately disappears.

Sooyoung and Sungjae kneel in front of Changsub's body, his blood continuously flowing out of his body.

"Take... care of... Sungjae... for me... please." Changsub says as he takes his last breath.

A cry of pain comes out of Sungjae as he sees the only family he ever had for more than 200 years slips away through his fingers.

"We have to get them out of here." Sungjae sniffs.

Sooyoung nods and frees the two other humans. Wendy is fatally wounded from the amount of blood she loss and nearly loses her consciousness, thankfully Chanyeol catches her in time.

"Stay with me Wendy. Don't you leave me." Chanyeol grits his teeth from the pain of his broken arms.

Sungjae approaches them with Changsub in his arms. "We'll teleport you guys to the safe house. Take care of Changsub's body for me. Jaemin and Jeno will be waiting for you. They'll assist you there."

"What are you guys gonna do?" Chanyeol asks, cold sweat dripping from his forehead.

Sungjae looks at Sooyoung, determination both in their eyes. "We're gonna finish this once and for all."

The other angel nods. "You don't have much time. You need to save yourselves before he comes back."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter kkeut...