White Poppy

White Poppies - Poppies traditionally symbolize peace and the end and remembrance of war, but the white poppy's pure, crisp tone is especially indicative of peace.

Sungjae doesn't want to admit it but Lilith is right. Whether he wants it or not, Satan will be coming for them. And if he's going to stand his ground, he's gonna need help from the angel herself. After days of thinking about it, Sungjae decides to have a formal visit with Sooyoung. He and Changsub leaves the house and heads towards the flower shop. The second they enter the shop, the door goes locked, a blast of wind whips past their faces and Sooyoung is in front of Sungjae with a silver dagger on his neck. Changsub tries to help but the devil stops him.

"What are you doing here?" Sooyoung still looks angelic despite having an angry expression on her face.

Sungjae stays calm despite the situation. "I'm not here to kill you or to rat you out. I just want to talk to you."

"Talk to me? Why should I believe you?" Sooyoung's voice doesn't waver in the boy's presence.

Sungjae gets mesmerized with the girl's golden eyes. "Because I need your help."

Sooyoung reluctantly lets go of the demon's neck and retracts the dagger on her hand. The doors open and Wendy goes out of her hiding place with a crossbow in her hands. The angel leads her visitors to a small table that fits four. She magically produces a tea pot with aromatic smells coming out of it and four teacups.

"I apologize for the tea. I don't drink alcohol in the morning." Sooyoung eyes the glasses.

Sungjae grabs the cup of tea and transforms it into a glass of beer. "That' okay. I can manage." He gulps everything and refills the glass according to his will.

Sooyoung giggles. "You're funny. So, what can I help you with?"

"Well, Satan is looking for us because I didn't want to help him look for you." Sungjae tries to explain despite being distracted by her hypnotizing laughter. "We need another safe place to stay just we get attacked in our own place."

Sooyoung thinks about it. "Just out of curiosity, why don't you want to help your kind in looking for me?"

Sungjae shrugs. "I'm not really sure. I just don't want to get involve into whatever they're planning for you." He suddenly shivers. "I hate talking so seriously. How are you, by the way?"

"Me?" Sooyoung goes surprised at his sudden concern for her welfare. "Why?"

Sungjae chuckles. "I wasn't practically going easy on you when we were fighting. If I knew who you were, I wouldn't have shown up."

Sooyoung laughs, putting a curious look on the demon's face. "This is the very first time that a devil is worried about me. I'm better than fine. Thanks to Wendy, my wounds healed faster compared to yours."

"Why are you laughing? Is there something on my face?" Sungjae goes confused but there's a warm feeling inside him.

Sooyoung shakes her head and produces the same flowers that Changsub bought a few days ago. "Here, the next time you visit your loved ones you give these to them. I put small magic on it, they won't start to wilt normally unless you put them in the intended place."

"I can't believe you remember that." Changsub gratefully accepts the flowers. "I figure that the warm feelings that erupted in me that time was your doing?"

Sooyoung smiles sheepishly. "I want to help in any way I can. I guess it's in my nature."

"It's my first time seeing an angel in a club too." Sungjae teases.