Rhododendron

Rhododendron – "Beware of Danger"

Sungjae remembers that Wendy is the one who told Sooyoung about him being an assassin. He quickly realizes that the human's opinion is very important to his angel. He takes it upon himself to make Wendy trust him and prove to her that he's not like other devils.

"You're going at the flower shop again." Changsub states, seeing the other put on his coat.

Sungjae nods. "Why are you saying it like it's bad thing?"

"I'm worried about you two." Changsub answers. "You're a devil, she's an angel. Isn't there a law about angel and devil relationships in both heaven and hell?"

Sungjae scoffs. "There's nothing going on between me and Sooyoung. This is just me acting on my instincts."

"That's what I'm afraid of. Your instincts are telling you to go after this angel, to do anything for her but aren't you afraid of the consequences that your actions might cause?" Changsub points out.

The devil shrugs. "I'll deal with it when it happens. I'll go now."

Wendy is alone at the shop when she hears their bell ring indicating a new customer. She eagerly walks to the front and goes surprised to see the devil. In annoyance, she throws a small knife at him but as she expects, he dodges it easily.

"You must hate me so much." Sungjae chuckles brushing off the dust on his coat.

Wendy clicks her tongue. "What are you even doing here? Sooyoung is not here; she's training

"It's okay. It's you who I want to talk to." Sungjae says, looking around the place.

"Me?" the devil nods. Confused, Wendy leads him to the small table. "Stay here. I'll go get some refreshments."

Wendy fetches two bottles of beer for and for the unwanted visitor. She believes that she should be careful 200 times than she already is. She believes that she'll figure out what the devil wants with her and Sooyoung.

"State your fucking business, Devil Sungjae." Wendy crosses her arms.

Sungjae's eyes widen in surprise. "Are you allowed to talk with a harsh language like that?"

"Of course I can." Wendy shrugs. "I'm just avoiding to speak like that in front of Sooyoung."

"I see." Sungjae takes a gulp of that beer. "Well, as I said before, I want to talk about her."

Wendy's brows furrow with confusion. "What about her?"

"I..." Sungjae looks around to search for the words to say. "I feel different around her. She's different too. And what I said before is true. I have no intention in killing her."

"You may say that now but what if you change your mind?"

Sungjae shakes his head. "I won't. I know what I want. And I want to get her more."

"And why should I believe you?" Wendy raises one of her brows.

Sungjae begins to reach for something in his back pocket. "Because that's one other thing I need from you. I need you to trust me."

A cold wind suddenly blows around the both of them. Sungjae throws a knife towards Wendy and misses her by a couple of inches only to hit an invisible spawn of Satan and is revealed with black liquid coming out of its neck.

"Get behind me!" Sungjae pulls the human and covers her with black flame shield. "These guys are invisible. You have to do everything that I say, understand?" the girl nods.