Chapter 7: Mysteries

You will all like this, a different story, resetting at Chapter 7. What will take place? Find out.

"Naruto-kun, I'm tired." Satsuki complained for which seemed to be the one thousandth time to Naruto. Naruto sighed.

"Yeah yeah I know. But we had to report about the mission to the Hokage. It was A-Rank, what, did you think it was going to be like 5 minutes?" He asked sarcastically earning a soft punch in the shoulder.

"No, but we were in there for 5 hours. It's like 9 or something. I wanna go home and sleep." Naruto smiled at her.

"Me too."

They walked until Satsuki fell dramatically. "Go Naruto-kun, save yourself. For I have fell pray to exhaustion!" She said. Naruto deadpanned at the girl before he grinned slightly.

"No man or woman left behind!" He declared before picking up Satsuki bridal style and running. Satsuki blushed furiously as she gripped the back of his neck, having a slight fear that he would drop her.

Naruto also had a little red staining his cheeks but kept running until they reached the big gate that led to the Uchiha compound.

Naruto sat Satsuki down on her feet as he walked in, with her following him.

It was quiet in the Uchiha Compound. Naruto and Satsuki raised their eyebrows as they walked further into the clan compound. Everyone's lights were off, except the the Police Force house, which was three stories high, but only one of the stories were little with lights.

The second one, which to Naruto's knowledge, was the Meeting Room, where everyone accepted the newer Uchiha's into their clan, since they have finally completed the Rite of Passage, the Fireball Jutsu.

"Do you think one of the children finished the Fireball Jutsu?" Satsuki asked Naruto. Naruto shrugged.

"I don't think so, I mean, every child is under the age of 8 right now, it's almost impossible."

"You did it on your first try when you were like, 7." She deadpanned. Naruto chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of his Raven haired head.

"I guess so, but then again, not everyone is as awesome as me." Satsuki rolled her eyes.

"Whatever." She muttered. They walked up the stairs and into the police station owned by the Uchiha, before climbing the stairs to the second floor. Naruto opened the door slowly, seeing all the Uchiha sitting down as Fugaku was speaking, with Mikoto next to him, along with Itachi.

"And that's why we need to do this, I will no longer tolerate the disrespect this clan gets, and that's a promise." Everyone nodded, being the stoic beings they were. Satsuki rose an eyebrow, but Naruto adopted a thinking pose.

The Uchiha Clan, disrespect? Those words can only be formed in the same sentence if they are talking about me, what is tousan talking about? Naruto thought before the door opened instantly, revealing Itachi to stare at the two teenagers impassively.

"I thought you were on a mission." He said, his words emotionless as always. Naruto's eyes widened.

"We we're, but we got back earlier today and no one was anywhere and then we saw the lights and-" He felt his forehead being poked, stopping him midsentence.

"Shhh, not so loud, Tousan doesn't know you're here yet, I saw the door open from the corner of my eye and apparently, I'm peeing. Go home and wait for us there, this is not a place for you at the moment."

Naruto and Satsuki nodded before they hurried back down the stairs and heard the door close behind Itachi. "What was all that about?" Naruto asked Satsuki, who only shrugged in return.

"I have no idea, Itachi-nii is acting weird, don't you think?" Naruto nodded. Before the C turned A-ranked mission, they had observed their elder brother act isolated, and not communicate with the rest of the clan, which was weird, seeing as how he was the nicest person they knew.

They arrived home before they began eating some instant ramen, one of Naruto's favorite foods. As they were eating, Satsuki looked at Naruto.

"Hey, on the bridge, was that the Kyuubi's chakra that I felt? When I was asleep, I was having a good dream, and then, I felt so sad and angry, and then, when I woke up, it was still there, before I called out your name, then it stopped instantly." Naruto was looking at his bowl of ramen, no longer did the noodles look as good as they had a minute ago. He nodded slightly, not being able to look into her eyes.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want you to feel that." He whispered. He felt a small pair of arms wrap around his torso.

"You don't need to apologize, it wasn't you. That was the Kyuubi. I'm not going to lie, I felt scared," Naruto felt his heart begin shattering, before she kept talking. "But not of you, I could never be scared of you, you would never heart me, I was scared of the Kyuubi, and I thought that it had taken you away from me." Naruto turned around and looked into Satsuki's eyes, a blush on her face.

"If you guys are going to kiss, I'm going to throw up." A voice rang out, scaring both of the Uchiha as they jumped across the room from each other, Satsuki a kunai in hand while Naruto had his hands ready to make a Jutsu. Their eyes landed on Sai, who just gave them an awkward smile.

"Sorry for barging in, not really, but I read it was polite to do so." Naruto rolled his eyes at his weird teammate before sitting back down and eating his ramen.

"What are you doing here Sai?" Satsuki asked her pale teammate. Sai handed them two pieces of paper.

"The Chunin Exams are coming up, and before Kakashi-sensei gave you the papers, you had ran out the room." Naruto's eyes widened as he took the paper from Sai and read them quickly, before looking at both his teammates.

"Guys, this is gonna be awesome!" He shouted with a huge grin on his face.

And I think I'm going to end it there. Don't expect quick updates, just regular ones. Like maybe once a week, or every two weeks, that I can promise.

So, was it good or bad? I had inspiration to do this since I began thinking of what would have happened if the Massacre didn't happen then? So, I wrote this.

Questions can go here, as well as request if you have any. I look forward to replying!

Til next time my lil demons!