Whisper

The words have been rattling around in his head for days now.

I love you, Sebastian.  Do you love me??

Love?
Love?
Love was never a word he believed in.

Not really, at least he hasn't believed in that mythical four letter word since he turned 14.  And he was rejected, emotionally gutted by someone he thought....

No.

No thinking of that now.

He is Sebastian Axel Smythe.  Heir to the Smythe family fortune, mainly because even though he has older siblings he is the only boy in the family. The one to carry on their family name.

He needs to be hard, not reduced to mush by a simple four letter word.

Or the voice of an angel. Those big brown eyes staring up at him, so deep and wide he risks drowning in them forever. Giving in to every feeling he's held locked deep inside himself for so very long.

I love you, Sebastian. Do you love me??

The clock on the wall reads 3:00am. The floor is cold underneath his bare feet as he paces silently across the kitchen floor.

He needs to be quiet or he risks waking her. And once again fear grips him deep inside. Letting her know his true feelings, his intentions in all of this. It could be disastrous for him.

If that girl knew his weaknesses.

That she, she is his kryptonite.

That he would do anything, say anything just to have her happy. So that she can smile that thousand watt smile up at him.

He runs his hand through his hair, chancing another glance at the wall clock.

3:15am

He's been gone too long, she bound to notice the empty spot in the bed.  Hurriedly he climbs back up the stairs, so very thankful that his nervous pacing hasn't alerted anyone else in the house.

She is still in the same position he left her in. Curled up on her side, facing the wall, cuddled under his blue plaid comforter. Matching navy blue sheets covering her tanned skin. Wavy brown hair splayed across the pillowcase.

She's so beautiful that it takes his breath away to see her like this, in the dim light from the hallway.  Sleeping so peacefully in HIS bed.

Not with any of those other boys that have pined after her.  But in his bed.

Sebastian Smythe, the playboy of Westerville, he got the girl.  And that thought causes a grin to spread across his face as he tiptoes across the room.  Slipping into the bed behind her.

Her words ringing through his head again as he gathers her into his arms, pulling her small, warm, naked body towards him.  Holding her to his chest.

I love you, Sebastian.  Do you love me??

The sleepy sigh of contentment she gives off as she snuggles closer into his embrace is enough to make his heart explode with happiness. To awaken that hopeful, naive person inside of him that was left broken all those years ago.

And finally he gets it.  The magnitude of that word, those four little letters.

Breathing out his feelings into the night.  Whispered into the darkness, out into the ether between kisses to her wavy brown hair.

I love you, Rachel Barbara Berry.  I love you so much it scares me inside.  And I'll never let you go.  Never...

The end.

A/N:  so this is officially my one shot glee book.  I hope you enjoy these stories. 💞 Shann