Rude

"Today's the day. It is. Yes. I'm gonna do this. I'm finally gonna do this."

"Not if you keep staring blankly at your closet it isn't."

Sebastian Smythe spins around to in the bedroom of his Ohio State dorm suite to see his friend and roommate Blaine Anderson staring at him.

"It's not funny Blanderson!!!  I NEED to find the perfect outfit!  One that says I'm respectful, responsible, polite and am fully committed to your daughter."

Blaine collapses into the desk chair as he looks critically at his roommate.

"You're going to ask Rachel's dads for their blessing aren't you? You're planning on proposing to her!"

Sebastian grabs a maroon button down from the closest and eyes it critically, responding without turning around again.

"Anderson, I've been in love with Rach since I got back from Paris. And we've been dating since halfway through senior year of high school, once she came to her senses and canned Hudson. We've been together almost four full years. And I know she's itching for this, I saw the pout on her face when she came over after that lunch with Quinn. When she mentioned how Puckerman finally popped the question, after two kids and all and Q accepted.  I felt horrible.  And I've had the ring for MONTHS, just haven't gotten the courage to ask her dads until now."

Blaine tents his fingers underneath his chin as he thinks everything over and then gestures to his friend.

"If I were you, I'd go with that baby blue shirt, with your slate grey slacks.  Roll your sleeves half way up and wear the black tie.  I've met her dads before, nothing overly stuffy for them.  You can still wear the Rolex but don't go overboard on the hair gel."

Sebastian grabs the clothes Blaine points out barely grumbling a You're one to talk about hair gel as he changes into the outfit.

When he turns back around fully dressed Blaine gives him an appreciative wink and pushes him out the door.

"Go get 'em Tiger!!"

Sebastian's hands clench the steering wheel tighter than necessary as he drives to the Berry residence. Mentally preparing his speech the whole way there.

Mr & Mr Berry, I know you may not know me...

Sebastian shakes his head. Probably not a good start.

Sirs, my name is Sebastian Smythe and I'd like to marry your daughter.

That's a little more direct but maybe too forward and presumptuous on his part. He's only met them once, briefly at Rachel's highschool graduation party. And that was in the very beginnings of their relationship. At that point he was a MUCH better option in their eyes to Hudson. But to be that direct....

He shakes his head.  This is going to be harder than it seems.

Only then does he notice that he's parked at the curb in front of her house.  So with sweaty palms he exits the car and walks slowly up the sidewalk.

Shaky hands ring the doorbell as he frets and still contemplates what he is going to say.

"Bastian?? What are you doing here??  I didn't know you were coming over..."

He raises his eyes from his feet to see Rachel standing there, looking so relaxed but gorgeous, still in her dance clothing.  And greets her with a smile.

"Bonjour Ma Cherie.  I didn't think you would be done with you session and here for lunch already.  I.....   I wanted to speak with your fathers.  Please."

She arches an eyebrow at him but still lets him into the house.  Calling out for her fathers in the process. 

"I'm just going to run up and shower Sebby.  I shouldn't be long."

Rachel kisses his cheek and scurries up the stairs before the two men she called make their appearance, both eyeing them critically. 

He takes a deep breath and extends his hand in greeting. Calm voice starting his plea.

"Good afternoon Sirs, it's a pleasure to see you again.  I'm Sebastian Smythe and I wanted to talk to you about your daughter.  I.....   I love her and have since I met her....  and I....."

The end.