~1~

Carter's POV
Carter: Ari, catch!
I threw her a grocery bag full of Peeps
Ariel: Oh my god, how many boxes of Peeps did you get?!
Carter: 10. They were on sale. I love post Easter candy sales.
Ariel: Well now that you're back, let's work on how you are going to introduce yourself.
Carter: Okay.
I flung myself onto the couch next to Ariel.
Carter: Hey guys. I'm Carter. Yeah, my parents hated me. But my full name is Carter Elizabeth so you can call me what ever. Eben talks about you guys a lot.
Ariel: (eating Peep) Great.
Carter: Give me one.
Ariel: No! They are my Peeps!!!!
I started chasing her around the apartment trying to get Peeps.
Carter: I give. I need to go to bed. I have to surprise Eben tomorrow.
Ariel: Oh Yeah.
Carter: Night Ari.
Ari: Night.
I went into my room and locked the door. Eben and I have been friends for about 17 years. So almost all my life. Our parents were friends so we hung out a lot. You might be wondering if we ever got feelings for each other. Well, we have never gotten feelings for each other. I don't know why because most of my friends that are girls are head over heels for him. Even Ariel and she has never met him. After hopping in the shower I changed into pjs. I heard rustling in my room and I saw that it was Ariel.
Ariel: Oh. Heyyyy.
Carter: On my desk.
She is constantly leaving art stuff all over the apartment. This time, it was a paint brush. I got under the covers and decided to text Eben.

~~~~~Eben🤨~~~~~
Cart 🛒: Hey.
Eben🤨: What's up.
Cart🛒: Nothing much. How's touring?
Eben🤨: Great. The boys and I are flying back into LA in 10 minutes.
Cart🛒: That's awesome. I should probably let you get on the plane. ttyl
Eben🤨: Bye
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I woke up to the dreaded sound of my alarm. I'm doing this new thing called working out in the morning. It is terrible. I get up at 5:30 change into athletic stuff and go down to the gym. Today I put on an Adidas sweatshirt, an adidas hat, black leggings, and some tennis shoes.

 Today I put on an Adidas sweatshirt, an adidas hat, black leggings, and some tennis shoes

When I got to the gym I stared by doing the treadmill. It had been about 20 minutes so I decided to do something else. As I was walking toward the big mirror, I saw a very familiar face. It was Eben, he didn't see me so I snuck up behind him.
Eben: Holy sh- Carter!
Carter: Hey!
I gave him a big hug and a kiss on the cheek. It's not weird that we kiss each other.
Eben: What are you doing here.
Carter: I live here.
Eben: Really!?
Carter: Yep. Apartment 394.
Eben: You're right down the hall from me.
Carter: That's great.
Eben: Work out buddies?
Carter: Work out buddies.
We started working out. When we finished we both were soaked to the bone with sweat and smelled terrible. He walked me to my apartment.
Carter: Wanna do something, ya know, after we take showers?
Eben: Sure. Maybe I could convince the Why Don't We boys to let us come over.
Carter: That would be great. Text me and let me know.
He pulled me into a hug and I heard the door open. He gave me a kiss on the forehead and left. I turned and saw Ariel, he jaw was wide open. She pulled me inside and threw me onto the couch.
Ariel: That's Eben!
Carter: Yeah.
Ariel: Jesus crust. He's hot!
Carter: Someone's in love.
Ariel: Yeah I am. But he is clearly into you.
Carter: You are crazy.
Ariel: He kissed you!
Carter: We have been kissing each other for a while.
Ariel: How long?!
Carter: Well, when I was in 7th grade some girls were making fun of me for not wearing makeup and saying that I would never get a boyfriend. When I told Eben he was pissed. So the next day he came over to me and those girls. They were saying that I'm too ugly to have a boyfriend and Eben grabbed me by the waist and kissed me.
Ariel: On the head.
Carter: Lips.
Ariel: Lucky!
Carter: My god. Don't you have classes to go to?
Ariel: Right!
She got up and left but not before restating the fact the Eben had kissed me before. She is crazy. I would never dare to tell her about the other 15 times. Or let her know that I lied about not having dated him. We dated from my 7th grade year to 10th grade. But when we broke up it wasn't akward. He actually took me to the prom last year. But knowing Eben is pretty cool. I snapped back into reality and jumped in the shower. I can't wait to meet the Why Don't We boys.

A/N: This is going to be short but I want to shout out my bestie Bella_love_whydontwe. Go read her story You and Corbyn. It is amazing. Ok. Love y'all! ❤️