~36~

Carter's POV
Ariel: Are you nervous?
Carter: I mean yeah but I have to do it.
Ariel: Don't be. They can't get all butt hurt, they all had an equal chance.
Carter: But I don't want to hurt any of them.
Ariel: Stop being scared, I have to go boo. We still on for dinner?
Carter: Yup.
Ariel: Good luck.
Carter: Thanks.
She closed the door to the apartment so it was just me and my thoughts. I had to change out of pjs so I put on a striped shirt, a denim skirt, some Adidas, and a gold jacket with flowers.

*knock knock* I took one last look in the mirror and walked out of the bathroom

*knock knock* I took one last look in the mirror and walked out of the bathroom. I opened the door ad the boys came in. They sat down on the couch.
Carter: This is so stressful on my end I hope you know that.
Daniel: That's what we were thinking so we got you something.
He pulled out a pice of paper that said...

We, the members of Why Don't We, promise that there will be no hard feelings. This is your choice and we have no right to judge you for it.
Signed Corbyn Besson, Daniel Seavey, Jack Avery, Jonah Marais, and Zach Herron

Carter: Thanks for that reassurance. Now, I'm giving each of you guys one last chance to tell me why you should be the one I pick. Let's start with Jack.
I took him to my room and sat down on my bed.

Jack: You should pick me because you had a great time with me. You told me you did. I understand if you don't pick me but, I love you with every fiber of my being. Please at least consider me.
Carter: One last thing, kiss me.
Jack: Ok.

Zach: Listen, I know that it would be really weird if we dating seeing that your roommate is my future stepsister and cousin. Not to mention that I'm a lot younger than you. But age is just a number and when two people love each other age doesn't matter.
Carter: Ok. I need you to do one last thing for me.
Zach: What is it baby girl?
Carter: Give me a kiss.

Jonah: In stead of telling you why you pick me. I'm gonna tell you why you shouldn't. You shouldn't pick me because if my looks. You shouldn't pick me because of my personality. If you pick me, pick me because you love me.
Carter: How poetic. Now,I need you to do something for me.
Jonah: Anything for you.
Carter: A kiss is all I ask.

Corbyn: Ok, this is the reason you should pick me. (Singing) I've just let these little things slip, out of my mouth. Cause it's you, Oh it's you, it's you, they add up to. And I'm in love with you and all your little things.
Carter: Wow. Now you have to do one last thing.
Corbyn: What?
Carter: Kiss me.

Daniel: I love the way you are so confident, strong, and beautiful. You are you and that's why I love you. I'm crazy for you Carter. I've liked you since you walked in the door of my house and I've loved you since Stranger Things. Just, think about me, please.
Carter: That was so sweet.
Daniel: The boys told me that I have to kiss you.
Carter: Fire away.

After 10 more minutes of physicking myself up. I had to do it. I walked into the Livingston and stood in front of them.
Carter: To start off, I love you all more than you could possibly imagine. You are all amazing and there will be someone out there for you. Now I'm gonna tell you all the reasons I love you.
I looked around and decided to go from left to right. Starting off with Zach and ending with Corbyn.
Carter: Zach, you are you. You don't care what other people think. Even though you're 2 years younger than me, I still feel like we really have something. Jack, you are the most flirtatious person I've ever met. It's so cute to see you use cheesy pick up lines. Daniel, you are so nice. A trip to Disney! That was insane and I'll never forget it. And finally, Corbyn. You are the world biggest goofball. Also, if you EVER touch my One D hoodies again, I'll kill you.
Zach: What?
Corbyn: You had to be there.
Jack: Ok then.
Carter: Ugh! Why does this have to be so hard!
Jonah: Sorry.
Carter: It's not your fault. I guess it's like a bandaid. Ok, now.
The tension in the room was so high it was insane. I took in a sharp breath and, made sure this is what I wanted. Ok,here we go.
Carter: The person I have chosen is...

(Dramatic Pause)

Carter: Corbyn Matthew Besson.

A/N: I know it was pretty obvious but no one got it right. What do y'all think! Are you happy about it or upset. Tell me in the comments. Don't forget to C&V💞