~7~

Carter's POV
Aunt Winona: Carter, I got you a role on Stranger Things if you want it.
The boys started freaking out and so did I. A role on Stranger Things?! That's crazy. In all the confusion and excitement I think Jack kissed me on the check.
Carter: That's amazing, what role?
Aunt Winona: Well, Steve-
Carter: I would get to work with Joe?!
Aunt Winona: Let me finish. Well, the Duffer Brothers decided that Steve needs some love. So, they actually asked me if you might want to play his girlfriend.
Daniel: That's amazing!
Corbyn: Good gob!
Carter: So I would go to set and not just sit around?
Aunt Winona: Yep. You would be with the cast and crew in Georgia for 6 months.
Boys: Wait, 6 months?!?
Aunt Winona: Yep. That includes anything that needs to be reshot.
Carter: That's a long time. How long do I have to think about it?
Aunt Winona: A week.
Carter: Um okay. I think I need some air.
I got up and went outside. Tonight was a clear night and you could see every star in the sky. 6 months away from Eben and Ariel. 6 months away from the boys. It's all so soon. I was sitting by a fountain that was outside the restaurant. I had been outside for about 10 minutes when I saw someone sit down next to me. I heard a little sob.
Carter: What's the matter Jack?
Jack: (crying) Gabbie... broke up with... me.
Carter: Oh my god. Jack. I'm so sorry.
Jack: Apparently, she wanted something way more fast moving and I was not ready for that. She cheated on me.
Carter: Holy crap. Come here.
I pulled him into a hug. He just sobbed. He was so sad. I guess he really loved her.
Carter: It's okay Jack. You'll find someone else. I'm sure you will.
Jack: Thanks Carter. We should go back in.
Carter: Yeah.
We got up and he started walking away.
Carter: Jack?
Jack: Yes.
Carter: If you need anything I'm here.
Jack: Thanks.
We got back into the restaurant and it was perfect timing. They had just finished handing out the food. My food was pretty good but I could help but think about that stupid role. It would be a great acting choice but I haven't told Daniel that I like him yet so that's kinda what's holding me back. We finished and Aunt Winona paid for everyone. I told the boys bye and we went back to the apartment. I'm sharing my bed with Aunt Winona. She was taking a shower and Ariel ran into my room.
Ariel: Have you seen this?!?!
She shoved her phone into my face. I couldn't believe what I saw. Gabbie posted a picture on Instagram saying that the rumors are glass and that she and Jack are still dating. She also added in some shade towards me. To quote her directly, " The rumors aren't true. Jack and I are still dating and he doesn't have his eyes on anyone else. Especially ones that just walk in unannounced."
Carter: Unannounced? Unannounced?! I'm gonna show her!
Ariel: Calm down. Calm down.
Just as Ariel said that my phone went off. It was a text from Jack.
Ariel: Well answer him!
I grabbed my phone.
~~~~~Ramen Head🍜~~~~~
Ramen Head🍜: What Gabbie posted is not true! I want you to know that.
Shopping Cart: Okay. Thanks for telling me. Did you see that shade she was throwing?
Ramen Head🍜: Yeah. She's just mad because you are nicer and kinda more pretty than her.
Shopping Cart: Thanks. Gtg. Talk later?
Ramen Head🍜: Ok. Maybe you could come over tomorrow?
Shopping Cart: Okay. Sounds good.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ariel: Did he just...
Carter: I think he did.
Aunt Winona: Who did what?
Ariel and Carter: Nothing!
Jack Avery thinks I'm pretty! So does Daniel! I can't believe this. Ariel left to go to bed and Aunt Winona got in my bed with me.
Aunt Winona: Not to pressure you into anything but, have you thought about the roll? I know it would mean leaving your boyfriend but...
Carter: Hold up. Boyfriend?
Aunt Winona: That boy with the hair.
Carter: Jack? No. His girlfriend actually just broke up with him.
Aunt Winona: Oh, then it was the one with the eyes.
Carter: They all have eyes.
Aunt Winona: The one with blue eyes. The big blue eyes and tooth gap. He's cute.
Carter: I'm not dating him or any of those boys. But he is cute. Also, he likes me.
Aunt Winona: Is that why your hesitate?
Carter: No. Well, kinda. I want to see if any of the others like me.
Aunt Winona: Well, just let me know before I leave.
Carter: Oh. I'm not gonna be here tomorrow. The boys asked me to come over.
Aunt Winona: Okay. I have a meeting.
We talked for a little bit longer and then went to bed. I got up and saw that Jonah said to bring a swimsuit. I looked an saw that it was 95 degrees outside. It's only April 19th! I dug through my drawers to see what I had. I settled on a black one piece.

I put on a oversized T-shirt I stole from Eben a few days ago and some shorts

I put on a oversized T-shirt I stole from Eben a few days ago and some shorts. I left Aunt Winona and Ariel a note saying that I had left to go the boys house. When I got there Zach opened the door.
Zach: Come in! I saw your aunt at the airport.
Carter: She saw you too.
Zach: Really!
Carter: Yeah.
Zach: Awsome. I like your shirt.
Carter: Thanks. It's Eben.
Zach: Really. Cause, he took the shirt from me.
I started blushing.
Zach: It looks great on you.
Daniel: Hey guys.
He hopped down the stairs. He came and put his arm around me.
Daniel: Are you ready for a swim?
Carter: Yeah. Zach you coming?
Zach: Can't big test. When I'm done I will.
He winked at me and went to the table to work on his test. I looked at Daniel and he shrugged his shoulders. We walked outside and none of the boys were out there.
Daniel: They are at the store.
Jack: Nope. We're back.
Corbyn: Lets get in the pool!
He threw all the bags he had in his hands on the ground and took off his shirt. I was breathless.Je ran to the pool, jump and did a flip into the water. Jonah grabbed the bags and brought them in. Soon enough, all 5 of them were in the water. Zach's test was apparently very easy.
Jonah: Come on Carter. Show us what ya got.
Carter: Are you testing me Marais?
Daniel: You scared?
Carter: Hell no! Watch and learn!
I took off my shorts and top. I saw some jaws drop, which is good, and I ran to the edge of the yard. I did a handspring into a cartwheel into a double backflip into the pool.
Carter: I may have done some gymnastics in my time.
Jack's POV
Oh.
Corbyn's POV
My.
Zach's POV
God.
Jonah's POV
She's.
Daniel's POV
Amazing!