~33~

Carter's POV
After the ambulance drove away the boys got themselves together and then started to help me.
Carter: (sobbing) Th-this i-i-is all m-my f-f-fault.
Daniel: No, no. It's not your fault.
Zach: Don't blame yourself. It's Logan's fault.
Jack: I swear to god the next time I see him I'm gonna-
Daniel: You are gonna do nothing. None of us are. This is between Carter and Logan. Not us.
Carter: Th-thanks Daniel.
Zach: We're gonna go pack some stuff.
Zach started walking upstairs. Jack came over to me and Daniel. He gave me a kiss on the cheek. He joined Zach upstairs. Then it was quite except the occasional sniffle.
Daniel: We should get you cleaned up.
Carter: What do you mean?
Daniel: You're covered in Corbyn's blood.
I stared sobbing again. Daniel lifted my head up to where our eyes were level.
Daniel: Look at me. He's gonna be just fine princess. He's gonna try his hardest.
Carter: Okay.
Daniel: I love you.
Carter: I love you too.
Daniel: Come on. Let's get you all cleaned up.
He pulled me up off the ground and brought me into the kitchen. He pulled up a chair for me .
Daniel: I'll be right back.
He disappeared down the hall. Jack and Zach came downstairs with a suitcase and a shirt.
Jack: We thought you might want to change.
Carter: Thanks.
Zach: It's one of Jack's shirt if you were wondering.
Carter: It doesn't matter who's it is.
Daniel: Ok, I'm back.
He ran water over the washcloth that he grabbed and started to clean off my face. Zach sat down next to me and held my hand and Jack rubbed my back. They all started humming and it was calming me down. When he finished with my face he had to clean my hands off. That's how my face got bloody. When that was done I pulled Jack' shirt over my head and I pulled my romper off.
Jack: We should go.
Zach: But we don't have a car.
Carter: I have a car.
Daniel: Let's go.
The car ride to the hospital felt like it was gonna go on forever. When we got there I ran inside. The lady at the desk stoped me.
Lady: Excuse me.
Carter: Oh Sorry. I here for Corbyn Besson.
Lady:How do you spell that.
Carter: C-o-r-b-y-n B-e-s-s-o-n.
Lady: He is currently unavailable for visitors. But you can wait in the waiting room.
Carter: Ok Thanks. Where is it?
Lady: Down the hall take a right and it's the first door on the right.
Carter: Thank you.
Daniel: We're with her ma'am.
She was too busy on her computer so they just followed me. When we got to the waiting room I saw Jonah. I ran over to him and gave him a big hug. He picked me up and hugged me too.
Jonah: The doctor is looking at him right now. They haven't said anything accept that he is unconscious.
Carter: How are you?
Jonah: I'm pretty good. How are you?
Carter: I'm, not good Jonah.
I started to cry again and he pulled me close to him. We sat down and I felt his hand on top of mine. I pulled my handout and started holding his.

Jonah's POV
Carter put her head on my shoulder and fell asleep. The other guys came over and sat down. We all whispered so that we wouldn't wake her up.
Jack: So, do you guys think he's gonna be okay?
Daniel: I hope he gets better. As much as I would like my chance to be with Carter higher, I don't want him to dye or be that badly hurt.
Zach: She'll be devastated if he dies.
Jonah: Stop with the if he dies business. He's not gonna die.
Jack: I hope he doesn't.
At that moment,the doors flung open and 2 police officers walked in. I felt Carter jump and she sat up.
Officer 1: We are looking for a Carter Ryder?
Carter: Yeah?
Officer 2: We need to ask you a few questions.
Jonah: Go.

Carter's POV
I got up and walked over to the officers were. They led me a little farther down the hall. They stopped and I sat down on a bench. They looked down at me and then began.
Officer Tim: Hello Carter. I'm Officer Tim and this is my partner Officer Nancy.
Officer Nancy: We're here to ask you a few questions about what happened to your boyfriend, Corbyn.
Carter: Oh no. He's not my boyfriend. We're just really good friends.
Officer Tim: What ever you are to him, you are one of the only eye witnesses of what happened.
Officer Nancy: Can you tell us what happened?
Carter: Yes...
I told them everything about that night.
Officer Tim: Well, that's a lot to proses.
Officer Nancy: Can you show us where he grabbed your arm?
Carter: Yeah.
I stuck out my arm and saw it. He had dug his nails into my arm and it was bleeding a little bit. Not to mention, it was really red.
Officer Tim: Thank you for telling us. We will have an officer go to this Logan Paul's house and question him. Would you like to press charges?
Officer Nancy: She's under a lot to stress right now Tim. Let's let her have a a break from all the chaos. You can go back to the waiting room dear.
Officer Tim: We'll have more questions for you later.
I started walking back to the waiting room and I heard
Officer Nancy: I hope your friend gets better.
Carter: Thank you.
I walked back to the waiting room and Jonah came up to me.
Jonah: How was it?
Carter: They just asked me what happened and where Logan grabbed me.
Jonah: Well, the other guys went home because they were really tired. But there is someone here for you.
He moved out of the way and I saw Joe.
Joe: Hey Carter.
I ran to him and hugged him.
Carter: How did you know I was here?
Joe: Jonah told me. He said you were gonna need emotional support.
Carter: You did this?
Jonah: Listen, one of your closest friends is in the hospital. He was the first one I could think of.
Carter: Thank you Jonah.
Joe: I also brought food.
Carter: You're amazing.
We sat and talked for about and hour and then...
Doctor: Who's here for Corbyn Besson?
We all stood up.
Doctor: I'm Doctor Nella. I need one person to come with me please.
Joe: Carter, you go.
Jonah: Yeah. He'll want to see you first before anyone else.
Carter: Okay.
I followed the doctor down the hall and she took me up a few floors on the elevator and stopped outside of a room.
Doctor Nella: He's in here. Just fair warning, he's not awake yet but I thought when he die wake up, he'll want someone he knows by his side.
Carter: Thank you Doctor.
Doctor Nella: No problem. I'll be back in about an hour to check up on him.
She walked away and I took a deep breath. I turned the door handle and walked in.