~21~

(A/N: Before the chapter starts I want to clear something up. The boys are staying at Eben's for the time being because the boy that is "dating" her for the week gets the house and they won't be there to distract Carter from her main focus, finding herself a man! Okay, love y'all big stuff this chapter.)

Carter's POV
Carter: Bye Finn! Have fun doing all the stuff your doing.
Finn: Where are you going?
Carter: Well, I'm spending the next 5 weeks at the Why Don't We house.
Finn: But you have an apartment. Also, Ariel isn't even here.
Carter: I know that Finn. She went home for the summer.
Finn: I get the place to myself!?
Carter: Nope. Your mom blocked you a hotel down the road. And your Uber is 10 minutes away so better get packed.
Finn: I hate yoooooooooou!
Carter: Aw. I hate you too. Bye.
Finn: Bye.
I walked out and closed the door. I got in my car and drove to the boys house.

I pulled up to the house and parked my car in the driveway. I got my stuff out of the car and walked to the door. I knocked once and it opened. Jack was leaning on the door frame with something like a smirk on his face.
Jack: Good morning gorgeous.
Carter: Happy birthday.
I kissed his cheek and walked in.
Jack: You can put your stuff in the guest room.
Carter: Okay, where's that?
Jack: Right next to the bathroom.
Carter's Okay Thanks.
I walked down the hall and into the guest room. There were rose petals in the shape of a heart on the bed and there was a box in the middle of it all.
Jack: Open it.
Carter: Ah! If you are going to sexily sneak up on me, I will leave. Also, it's not my birthday, I don't need a present.
Jack: Just open it.
I took the box and opened it. Inside was something amazing and a note that said:
As my birthday present to myself, I'm gonna take you out to dinner and you have to wear this. I picked it out just for you. Happy Birthday Me!
               Love, Jack.
Carter: Got any other big plans today birthday boy?
Jack: I was thinking we could just stay here because it's friggin hot outside.
Carter: I'm down for that.
We closed all the blinds and sat on the couch and watched whatever we wanted. It was really fun until Jack decided that we were gonna sing karaoke.
Carter: I don't sing Jack.
Jack: Oh really?
Carter: Yeah. Never have, never will.
Jack: Will you try your hardest for meeeeee?
Carter: Fine. But pick something good.
He picked "Can I Have This Dance" from High School Musical 3. It's one of my favorite songs from those movies. He was Troy and I was Gabriella duh. I never thought to make the connection between his ex-girlfriend Gabriella until later though. He started singing and I followed. I did my best and had a great time actually. We harmonized perfectly 2 times.
Jack: And you said you don't sing.
Carter: I don't!
Jack: Whatever. You sounded amazing.
Carter: Did I really?
Jack: Yes.
Carter: Don't lie to me Avery.
He started to run towards me. I started running away from him. He eventually caught up with me and picked me up. He spun me around and we both couldn't stop laughing. He left to take a shower and get ready for our dinner tonight. I went back to the guest room and reopened the box and pulled out what was inside.

After about and hour of doing my hair and makeup, I put on the outfit he bought. It was a matching shirt and skirt combo with flowers on them.

 It was a matching shirt and skirt combo with flowers on them

Jack: You ready to go babe?
Carter: Yep.
I walked up behind him and he jumped. He turned around and smiled a big smile.
Jack: Wow! You look... Wow.
Carter: Thanks. You've got a great taste in clothes.
Jack: Thanks. Let's go.
He got in the drivers side of my car and we drove to a restaurant on the beach. It was really good. I posted this on my Snapchat story:

After dinner we walked around on the beach for a little while and then we went back to the boy's house

After dinner we walked around on the beach for a little while and then we went back to the boy's house. I washed my face and changed into pjs. As I was finishing up changing the door swung open and Jack walked in.
Carter: The f**k Jack!
Jack: Please, you're fully clothed.
Carter: Yeah but what if I wasn't!
Jack: That's still fine by me.
Carter: You need help Jack. Any way, what do you want to do?
I flung myself onto my bed next to him.
Jack: Well. I kinda want to get to know you better and I want you to know me better.
Carter: Okay. Well, why don't you go first. Tell me something no one knows about you.
Jack: Well, I never liked Gabbie. She liked me and I didn't know how to turn her down.
Carter: Wow. Is that all you've got!
Jack: What do you mean?
Carter: I mean, everybody knew that. You didn't really cuddle up to her like you do to me.
Jack: Fine, ummmm, I wear contacts?
Carter: Okay you clearly have one of the most boring lives in the world.
Jack: Well then you tell me something.
Carter: Okay so this might shock you but, I'm bi.
Jack: Really?!
Carter: Yeah. Is that a problem?
Jack; No not at all. Um... thanks for telling me.
Carter: No problem. And before you ask, I've known for about 3 years.
Jack leaned in and kissed me. I kissed him back and it turned into a make-out session.
Jack: I love you Carter.
Carter: I love you too.
Him and I made-out for another few minutes then we pulled away. I crawled in bed and he got in next to me.
Carter: Don't you wanna sleep in your room?
Jack: But then I would miss seeing your beautiful face.
I gave him a kiss on his forehead and turned over. He pulled me close to him and we fell asleep.