2 Derek

Polina PoV

- Rise and shine, baby - Margo shouted chirpy from behind my doors - You're gonna be late for your classes.

- Agh, can you be more annoying? - I retorted and put my pillow over my head. How can someone be so enthusiastic before 8 am? She must be an alien, this also would have explained how she eats so many sweets and didn't still become the size of Texas.

- You know, you could try to act nice once in a blue moon, it won't kill you. - she said with a singsong voice behind the door.

- Aw, just shut up, Mrs. Ray of sun. - I groaned. I hate mornings.

I swung my legs over the side of the bed and went to take a shower. I wore skinny jeans, a long sleeve cropped jumper, and short boots and walked into the kitchen where Margo was drinking her coffee while looking at her phone.

- You don't have to wait for me tonight. I will go to Josh's. - She told me peeping from her phone. I rolled my eyes at her.

- How long will you keep using this poor boy? He really thinks you two can be together. - I criticized her and poured a cup of coffee for myself. Aww, its magical taste can brink me back to life in the morning and make me a bit nicer person to be around.

Josh is a sweet cute boy who has been trying to win Margo's heart for nearly a year. Unfortunately, she paid attention to him when she was bored or needed help with studying. I know, it sucks, but this is the way she is. She lives her life to the fullest, no regrets and no filters, with all her emotions are on the surface. She believes that if you wanna find Mr.Right you should kiss a lot of frogs first... or fuck them, we're talking about Margo here.

- Josh is great but he is way too sweet for his own good and he is not my ideal man - Margo responded carelessly.

- I'm sorry, did I roll my eyes out loud? - I asked sipping my coffee.

- Yeah, keep rolling them, maybe you'll find some brains back there - She assured with a wide grin.

- This is such an old joke! - I mocked her.

- I don't give a fuck, how's that?

- Ouch! - I pretended to be hurt - Ok, I gotta go. Do you need a ride? - I suggested while taking my keys from the bowl near the front door.

- Nope, I have free time till noon.

I got in my car and drove to college, thankfully, it is not so far. I love driving, especially getting to listen to music in the car playing loud. I parked the car and ran to my classes. I was late, as always.

- Thank you for your visit, Mss Ross, - my professor said with a firm voice, when I sat at the back of the classroom.

- Never would've missed this, Mr. Brekhem, - I responded and plastered a smile on my face. What can I say, punctuality is not one of my traits.

It was a really boring lecture and I was almost falling asleep when something hit me on the head.

"What the fuck?" it was a wad of paper. I looked around searching who the fuck had thrown this and saw Derek with a big grin on his face.

Hmmm, Derek, he's like a dream guy for every girl, a total package. The captain of our football team, rich and extremely cute with an ego one can see from space. He is gorgeous and, believe me, he knows how to use his charm.

However, I just didn't feel like I wanted to be charmed. I like my man to be more manly, you know how they say, man doesn't need to be prettier than a chimpanzee. Ha, ha. Yes, we had some moments together, but nothing serious. Don't get me wrong, I liked his attention, every girl here would be thrilled, but this is where it stops.

It just so happened, I'd rejected him and he took it like some kind of challenge or game. He kept insisting and I kept rejecting, maybe I was just too stubborn and didn't want to give in. So, I guess, I have kept him in some kind of friend zone despite him trying to break through, well who knows?

I opened the note and read it, "I miss you". I rolled my eyes "What a cliché".

I turned around and said quietly:

- People nowadays use cellphones for this - I pointed on the note.

- You didn't pick up your phone. - He explained giving me a well-regearsed half-smile which he knew made him irresistible.

- Yes, I did it intentionally. - I smirked and turned back around. I'm not buying it.

The rest of the class was as boring as hell and when the bell rang, I ran out of there like my hills were on fire.

- Hey, Poli, wait up a min. - Derek caught up to me with ease.

- What? - I grumbled and raised my brow. He put his hands up in the air in mock surrender.

- Babe, I'm gonna throw a party this Friday. You should come and you can take Margo and two others, you girls know how to party - He gave a lopsided grin.

- I'll think about it, and don't call me Baby or I'm gonna punch you in the nose. - I threatened him, narrowing my eyes.

- Um, feisty, just like I prefer, very sexy. See ya - he smirked and gave me a kiss on the cheek. He ran away quicker than I could manage to answer him.

All the girls around me were glancing at me with a mix of envy and hostility in their eyes. "Gee, suck it, girls" - I went poker-faced and headed on to my next ass-boring class.

.............

Nick PoV

- I have work for you - I heard as soon as I pick up my phone. I sighed and answered

- Hi, Vincent, I'm good what about you?

- Shut up, I'm not in my best mood - I heard a grumpy voice from the phone. I could take it as a joke.

- As if you have the best mood, - I scoffed - Ok, send me details.

- Her name is Polina Ross, the rest of the details I'll send to you later -

- What? A girl? - I interrupted him

- Do we have a problem with it? - he asked with a threatening voice.

- No, we don't, take a chill pill. Send me everything you have.

Sooo, this is the end of chapter 2,🥂

Vote and comment, people