13 Defender

I walked out of the girl's toilets into the dimly lighted corridor and stumbled upon someone.

- Sorry I... - I tilted my head and saw Nick in front of me. I was shocked, I thought I would never meet him again. - What the fuck are you doing here? Did I not made myself crystal clear with my gun pointed at your head? - I seethed. Who did he think he was? I tried to step aside to return to my friends.

- We need to talk, Polina - he said agitated, blocking my way out again.

- I crap on what you need! - I interrupted him rudely. I didn't want to talk to him, I didn't want to see him. - Move - I tried to push him but to no avail. It was like pushing a brick wall. My hands tightened into fists at my sides and my mouth set in a hard line as I watched him in front of me.

- Polina, I'm here to help, you are in danger. - He gritted through his teeth casting me a serious look.

I laughed out loud, wasn't it ironic? I watched him with wide eyes.

- Indeed, this danger is you. - I talked back, - I don't recall asking for held. Especially not from you! Because it was you, who got paid to do the dirty work, yeah? So knock it off and let me leave to have fun with my friends - I lifted an eyebrow and crossed my arms on my chest.

- You're barking up the wrong tree, Polina. Get real! It was so clever of you to come to the club when there's a bounty on your head. - He said with sarcasm and raked his hand through his hair. His muscles tensing deliciously under his T-shirt.

- Fuck off, Nick - I punctuated every word. I was getting angrier and angrier because I knew he was right, I had to leave the town the second I found out about everything. - Let me by!

I tried to walk past him when suddenly he jerked my wrist and pushed me hard against the wall. He held another hand above my head and hovered above me. My breath hitched because of his body so close to mine. The strong, masculine aroma of his perfume invaded my nose. I slowly lifted my eyes up, admiring his tasty lips, now pressed together in a thin line. I wanted to lick them so hard right now. I looked in his stormy blue eyes that held so many emotions at the moment.

We were caught in a heated gaze battle and I wasn't able to take my eyes off of his. Looking deep in his eyes, I didn't believe he could hurt me. No, I wanted to believe he would never hurt me.

I licked my lips and tried to find the strength to push him of off me. But the truth was, I wanted to feel him even closer to me. I wanted to feel him so bad.

- Nick, what do you want? - I said weakly, well technically I moaned, becoming desperate for his touch.

He leaned forward to me and released my hand. He brought his hand to my cheek and caressed it with his knuckles.

- I need you to go with me, I will help you. I fucking need you to stop being so stubborn. - He said low in my ear.

I put my hands on his hard chest and felt it stiffen under my touch. I lightly pushed it and he made one step back, his hand dropped from my face. I immediately missed his touch.

- I can't go with you, Nick - I made myself speak.

I lowered my eyes, unable to keep looking at his beautiful lying face and stared at the floor. I heard him take a sharp breath through his teeth. He tried to calm himself down.

- Polina, I will never hurt you, I know you don't trust me, but I have my reasons to help you. - I snapped my eyes back to his, what reasons was he talking about. I let myself raise my hopes up for a brief moment.

- I can make sure you would be safe tonight and help you to leave the city tomorrow. - He kept meant business while I tried to gather myself after my stupid hopes crashed. He just wanted me to safely leave the city, oh well, damn.