10 The Truth

Polina PoV

I woke up early in the morning in his king-sized bed. Nick was behind me, pressing his chest against my naked back, holding me tightly with his arms. It was slightly uncomfortable but it felt nice and secure. His warm breath was fanning my neck and ear, making me tickled a little. My hole body was sore from the fuck-marathon we did yesterday. I felt happy despite the circumstances and problems. I would deal with everything later, now, I had him holding me like I meant something to him, as he would never let go.

I laid there for a while, lightly brushing his big hand that was on my stomach with my fingers. I tried to comprehend all that was happening to me, all the feelings that somehow, I already managed to develop for Nick.

"Crap" I sighed, "This is bullshit, there is nothing between us, and this could never happen again," I decided silently.

I tried to move his hands from my body but to no avail. He's just too heavy. So, I wiggled from his embrace and quietly slipped off the bed. Nick groaned and hugged my pillow. Aww, how adorable.

I stood up and examined my surroundings. I was too preoccupied doing another stuff yesterday, so I barely saw the room. It was a big bedroom furnished in black and white colors with minimal furniture in it. I saw clothes that Nick brought me yesterday, and I picked them up from the floor. It was his sweatpants and a shirt, that were too big for me, but my jeans and top were soiled yesterday.

I glanced at Nick, he was fast asleep and didn't wake up despite my roaming around his room. I took in his every features, how calm and peaceful he looked like. The corners of his mouth were slightly turned up in a barely noticeable smile as if he was dreaming about something nice. I really wanted to kiss those lips and wake him up for a round of morning sex.

I traced my eyes along his body, stopping at his defined muscles, his broad chest, and further down to his bare stomach and that freaking perfect V-line, next it was censored with a sheet.

"Damn" I whispered in disappointment, I was already turned on and before I could jump him, I better leave his bedroom and let him sleep.

I walked out of his room and closed the door behind me. I went to the kitchen, stepping with my bare feet on his warm wooden floor. I turned on the coffee machine and went to snoop around.

The whole interior was impressive, everything was expensive and well designed. There were many paintings on the walls, the kind of paintings where you wonder what the hell is this, was the artist on drugs or something? But this probably costs a fortune. It looked like Nick is a man who had a few million in his bank account.

I peeped into every room that I saw, there were 2 more bedrooms, a small home cinema, room with a pool table and big TV and comfy couches around. Everything was like from the cover in the home design magazine.

I approached the next door and saw the room that was definitely Nick's office. Curiosity took the best of me and I walked in. There was a bookshelf on the entire wall, a small bar and a big wooden table near the window with two big armchairs – chic and expensive. Slowly I came up to the table, it looked antique and had different patterns carved on its sides. It took my attention.

I traced patterns with my fingers, remembering that my father owned the table very similar to this one. I always used to hide under it from my brother when we played hide and seek. My father always rounded on us for entering his office without permission, but it was too tempting to sneak there, for me he wasn't scary in that period. Besides it was my brother who was berated after this and I was daddy's little princess and he couldn't be mad at me.

My mum always laughed at us for annoying our dad. These were my best memories, we were a happy family at that time.

I glanced at the pile of papers that were on the table. Picked one folder from above, I wasn't paying attention to what I was holding in my hands, still being deep in my thoughts. That was before a name caught my attention and my stomach dropped. Was he stalking me? With my heart beating fast in my chest I flipped the file open. It was my background check, that I know is clean and another paper with more personal information about me, address, phone number, my social security number, bank details. There were also some photos with me and Margo.