18 Lazy Days

I woke up in the tight hold of Nick's arms around me and this felt amazing. No matter all the circumstances and my problems, I felt myself ridiculously happy and peaceful. But it won't last. After we succeed with our plan and kill Richard, I would have to leave.

Nick mumbled something in his sleep and pulled me closer to his chest. This small action of his made my lips curl.

I wished I could have met Nick in different circumstances, being a different person, person who didn't have to worry about her life or how to survive.

I wished I could be just an ordinary college girl with a good loving family not with a family where your mother and brother were killed and you had to rat out your father in order to survive and free yourself.

I wished to be a girl without a luggage of more than ten years of fighting, killing and criminal life behind my back.

I wished me and Nick could have a chance, because leaving him would be very hard for me.

- Stop staring at me, you're creeping me out. – Nick whispered with his eyes still closed.

I smiled, this cocky bustard.

- How do you know I was staring?

- I feel you. – He simply said looking in my eyes.

There were so many silent words and so much unspoken emotions behind his blue eyes. He pulled me for the kiss and gently brushed his lips against mine. – Good morning, babe.

- Morning – I murmured in his mouth and quickly kissed him again. – I'm going to shower.

- May I join you? – He grinned catching my wrist when I tried to stand from the bed.

- Nope. Because I need to get clean not dirty. - I winked at him with a smirk.

He pout, his lips just looked delicious when he did that. I got up from the bed and turned towards the doors. I heard a loud growl behind my back and looked back noticing Nick was watching me with a hungry expression on his face.

- What? Do you like what you see? – I cocked my head to the side and bit on my bottom lip watching Nick's breath becoming more uneven.

- Do my naked body bothers you? - I teased him.

I traced my hand against my skin, slowly circling my bare breasts with my finger and moved it down to my stomach. With a loud growl, Nick jumped on the bed trying to catch me, but I was faster and escaped his hands with a squeal. I laughed and Nick flopped to his back on the bed.

- Such a fucking tease, Poli – he grumbled.

Still laughing I went to the bathroom. This day started just fucking amazing, I hope this would last as long as it could.

I quickly finished with my morning routine and I went to the kitchen. I was hungry and determined to find something to eat. I turned on the music and started dancing to the beat while making breakfast.

- You really know how to dance. – Nick's low voice came from behind me.

- When I was a kid, I wanted to become a ballet dancer like my mom. – I confessed to him.

- What was she like? – he asked me with true curiosity in his bright eyes.

I took a moment to think about it, to revive my memories of her.

- I am a lot like her, same dark hair, green eyes. I remember her always smiling,  caring and loving. Everything was perfect in our family when she was alive.

- Why did everything changed?

This was the hardest change in my life. The biggest disappointment, the biggest regret.