11 Choises

Polina PoV

- Poli, I didn't want you to find out like this... I'm sorry -

Hmm, he's sorry, I had enough of this bullshit. Nick tried to get up, but I cut him off by pulling the trigger.

- Save your breath and don't you dare to follow me, or the next one would be straight between your eyes - anger laced in my voice.

While waiting for the lift to come, I was kind of hoping Nick would run after me. Partly, because I really wanted to shoot his leg or something, and partly, I wanted to see that he cared for me enough to try chasing me. But he never cared and he stayed at his apartment, probably moping about his expensive painting that I had shot.

I was gutted and tried to suppress my tears that were filling my eyes and battled with my inner sad emotions.

"Why can't he be just a normal hot guy I've met on the street. Nooo, he has to be a fucking killer who had to kill me. Yay, lucky me!" (Mind the sarcasm).

With Nick's clothes on me I was looking like a hobo. Thank God, I grabbed my jacket and there was some cash in the pockets so I could take a cab. On my way home, I thought about my situation and what I should do about it. Richard or Demon didn't know where to find me till now. The fact that he sent those pricks in the alley and hired Nick meant he would like to see me pushing up daisies. Why didn't Nick do it?

And let's not forget about the Golden Dragons! They also sent the guy to get me. I didn't know if they wanted me dead or not. If I thought about it now, I could remember he said something like: "You have to go with me," just before I knocked him down. What did they want from me? I can not handle fighting with two of the biggest gangs in the USA, so I guess it was time for me to disappear.

I opened the door to my apartment and froze when I heard Margo screaming. I pulled out the gun and went to her room.

- Are you serious? You always knew whom to sleep with, bitch - Margo was talking on the phone with someone, visually very happy.

I hid the gun and walked into her room. She saw me and frowned - I gotta go, Poli is here.

- What's the fuss? - I asked leaning against the doorframe. - I thought someone attacked you.

- Aw please, I would knock the motherfucker out cold with my ninja moves. - She flapped her hand. - And where the hell have you been? I've texted you like a million times.

- Sorry - I mumbled, lowered my eyes, and inspecting my fingers.

- Sorry, won't cut it, Po. I was worried sick! And what are you wearing? - She looked at me with her eyes wide opened.

I glanced at the clothes that were on me and shrug my shoulders.

- There was a situation yesterday and I damaged my clothes so my friend helped me out.

Margo was looking at me with narrow eyes, suspicion laced in them. She didn't buy it.

- Yeah right, was he hot?

I rolled my eyes at her and walked out of her room. She ran after me.

- Aw no, you better tell me everything. What happened? - She kept interrogating me.

- Ugh, it was Nick, ok! - I rolled my eyes when I saw her face lit up. - We met yesterday and slept together. In the morning I tried to slip away and didn't bother to change - I spilled out quickly and tried to reach my room before Margo would ask something else.

- What Nick, as in sexy savior Nick? I need all the dirty details - she stormed after me.

- For God's sake, Margo, I need a shower and to change, get lost.