5 Attraction

Polina PoV

When I entered my room, I was surprised to see him sitting on my bed, but I managed to hide my emotions. I saw the hungry looks he was giving me and I played along to distract him.

I had a gun I had hid in my wardrobe, along with money and fake IDs; I must be ready if I need to scurry away quickly. I pointed a gun at him and looked into his blue eyes. I needed to hear some answers to be prepared and to know what to do next.

- So, I'm gonna ask you again and want to hear the truth. Who are you? – I asked slowly, looking at him.

- My name is Nick Foster – he answered calmly. He didn't even flinch.

- Ok, what were you doing in that alley? – I asked again, trying to hold back my anger.

- I was at that party you were and was ready to head home when I saw you walking down the street. I'm a sucker for hot chicks so I decided to approach you and offered you a lift. I saw you turn the corner. When I got there, you already had beat that guy to a pulp. The rest you know. I rescued you from that bullet, and you even hadn't thanked me for that – he was looking at me with honest eyes.

- Yeah, right...smooth – I suspected that he was lying, but didn't know it for sure. It sounded so stupid it could be also a truth, but something was off in this gorgeous man sitting opposite me. He looked like he's on a date and not faced with a gun pointing to his head.

- You weren't scared when the guy began shooting, even now you don't look even slightly disturbed about the situation, how come? - I tilted my head studying his reaction.

- Adrenalin I guess – he chuckled. – And you are distracting me with your look.

Yeah, I was still in the towel. The way he was looking at me, sent shivers down my spine. My body was reacting the way I wasn't expecting.

- Do you know how to use this thing? – he scoffed and pointed at the gun.

I wanted to punch him or kiss him, all at once, I couldn't decide.

- Don't get your hopes up, I can pull a trigger and you would become a strange smell in my basement – I deadpanned.

The more I was looking at him the less I liked what I saw. Yes, he was handsome but dangerous, and "trouble" was written all over him.

He was tall, broad-shouldered, his arm muscles were defined and his abs were almost visible through his t-shirt. He had deep blue eyes, sculpted cheekbones, and stubble on his face that made him look very attractive, rougher; his dark hair was in a mess and I just wanted to dig my hands in it. I have met a lot of cute men in my life, but this one put them all to shame.

I was so captured in admiring his features, so much so I stopped paying attention to what was happening. One minute he was leisurely sitting on my bed and the next he was right in front of me, holding my hands behind my back. I was taken aback.

We stood close, he pressed me to his strong chest towering over me and I threw my head back to look into his eyes.

"Is it hot in here?" – I thought, looking at his lips. I wanted to lick them. I bit my lip and his eyes darted to it, burning with desire. This tension between us made me horny and turned on so I was soaking wet already and all I wanted, was for him to kiss me.

- Drop. Down your gun, Polina – he ordered low and I dropped it immediately as if hypnotized by his rich voice and beautiful eyes, which were trailing fire over me.

He let go of my hands and slowly caressed my cheek and moved fingers down to my lips. He stroked my lower lip with his thumb and pinched my chin between his fingers making it impossible for me to take away my eyes from his hungry ones, promising me pleasure. And I was drowning in them.

- Don't try to point the gun at me again – he said threateningly, looking into my eyes.

His eyes turned cold and almost black in a split second and cold chills ran through my body. He stepped back and I could finally breathe. I tried to compose myself. He took my gun from the floor and put it on his belt.

- So, where can I sleep? – he asked as if nothing happened.

- What, are you homeless or something? – I wondered with wide eyes and crossed arms on my chest to prevent them from slapping his stuck-up face.

Nick chuckled and raised one brow waiting for my response. I watched him closely. He was too good to be real. He was 'spread-your-legs-and-call-me-Papi' kind of a guy. And he should go to jail for all the broken hearts of poor women he surely left behind. His presence affected me in different ways. I was restraining myself from jumping him, I couldn't deny the way my body reacted to him.

"What the actual hell! What a fuck is wrong with me, I don't even know him" I tried to reason.

This entire situation was fucked up, I mean, a normal person, who was in the skirmish just a few hours ago and was at gunpoint just a few minutes ago would run from me as fast as he could.

But, Nick was still here and acting like everything was ok. And he definitely wanted to stay here the night. Why? Something was bothering me and all my senses were screaming at me to run from him, but I'm just as stupid.

- You can lay on the couch in the living room. The pillow and blanket are in the dresser. The second shower is down the hallway. – I said with a flat voice.

- Thank you, Love – he went out of my room and closed the door behind him.

"Why did I allow him to stay? There something seriously wrong with me." I shook my head in disbelief.

I put on my PJs and went to bed when I heard my phone ringing. It was from Margo.

"Hey you, I'm not coming home tonight. Kiss"

This was good, at least I wouldn't have to explain what that piece of cake was doing on our coach.

I heard Nick get out of the shower and head to the living room. On his way there, he stopped near my door and I held my breath. A little part of me wanted him to come in. To feel again those intense emotions when he pressed me against his chest, when his blue eyes pierced into mine with desire, and when his full lips curved into a half-smile.

"Ugh. I need Jesus" I shushed myself. "Wait, stop, how does he know my name? I didn't tell him".

I looked at my door as if expecting him to storm into my room, but Nick didn't come in, he moved along and lay on the couch. I heard it creaking. What do I do now?

After half an hour of me trying to fall asleep, I heard Nick come to my door and open it quietly. He stepped in and came closer to my bed. I was trying to steady my breath and pretend that I was sleeping.

After some time that seemed like forever, he went out and closed the door. I breathed in and out a few times to calm myself and tiptoed to my door. Nick was talking with someone on the phone and I tried to eavesdrop.

"Vin, I have problems"

....

"No, I didn't finish the deal"

....

" I'm in her house now... Aw, shut up, What I could do? She was attacked by one of the Golden Dragon band, I recognize him. How are they involved in this, huh? And guess what? She beat all the crap out of him"

...

" Yeah, I know. Try to find something, but stay low.

...

"Ok, see ya"

"Well, well, well, this some interesting shit we got here" I thought and returned to my cozy and warm bed thinking.

Golden Dragons is one of the biggest Japanese gangs not only in our city, but they have men everywhere. So, indeed, how are they involved in this? And what do they need from me? I don't think I ever crossed them. And who the fuck is Nick? And why is he so damn cute? Bah! Darn! With this on my mind I slowly drifted to sleep.

So, what do you think? 🧐
Who's Polina?  🤔
Why is she so 'popular'? 🤔
Please comment and vote. ⭐⭐⭐