22 One Last Time

This chapter contains mature scenes
You've been warned

You could get all bothered and turn on

I know, I am 😉😉

Polina PoV

I woke up when it was already dark outside, slightly disoriented at what time of the day it was. Memories of what happened on the gala and after it with Nick flooded my mind like a hurricane. Oh my God, Nick! I sharply turned around on to my back and found out I was alone in the room, Nick was already up somewhere.

I was up all night watching Nick and along the way, I must have fallen asleep.

With a heavy sigh, I rolled myself out of the bed when I heard the door creak open. I looked back and my eyes were immediately drained to his.

I sucked in a loud breath, he was ok. Yeah, he looked slightly worn out and tired, but he was ok, all he needed was rest and sleep. God, I almost lost him. I felt my eyes began to water and I turned away.

- How are you? You have to rest – I tried to mask my tears and shaky voice still not looking in his direction.

- I'm ok. Thank you for saving me there, but you didn't have to put yourself in danger. – He sounded angry, is he kidding me right now?!

I waited till I was sure my voice wouldn't betray me and looked up at him.

- You were stupid enough to suggest to me leave you there, no need to be angry at me now for saving your ass.

- I'm not angry at you, I'm angry at myself for what happened. When I think of what could have happened to you – his voice trailed off as if it hurt him even think about it. The torment in his eyes sent my heart racing and aching to soothe him, comfort him.

- Sit, let me check the bandage – I ordered with a heavy sigh.

Nick sat on the edge of the bed and I came closer to him. I placed myself between his legs and looked in his eyes.

- Thanks to you, Nick, I'm fine and safe, no need to beat yourself for something that is not your fault. I'm not some damsel in distress, I have been in much more dangerous situations, and I could perfectly handle myself. I would never agree to leave you behind. – I said firmly, my eyes locked with his.

He didn't say anything and I hoped he believed me. I slowly reached the bandage and took it off. Everything looked fine and I was sure that soon it would heal completely, leaving only a nasty scar. But it definitely won't cause Nick's sexy appearance any damage.

- It heals quickly,  just like a dog does – I joked nervously.

The heat that was radiating from Nick and the closeness of his bare torso was sending my thoughts to very naughty places. He put his hands on my tights to hold me where I was.

- Poli – he whispered like a prayer.

His voice had always enchanted me, low and husky, I felt it in the bottom of my stomach, it made me feel all kind of things: happy, peaceful, wanted and turned on as fuck.

The way he gazed so deeply into my eyes as if he could see my soul, made me lose myself.

The same emotions I felt for him were transparent in his blue eyes. I knew what he felt for me, what I meant for him, but he's too scared to say it out loud. He was too scared to try.

Despite the adoration in his eyes, there was regret, goodbye, and sorry. One thing that was obvious without even saying it - he was set to let me go. Knowing that, made my heart shatter.