Chapter 18

*Jonathans pov*
As I gave y/n her bracelet, I kissed her forehead. I wrapped my arm around y/n and whispered something in her ear. "I picked two special songs for us to dance to." I kissed her ear lobe and looked at Tyler. He was smiling as he got up. I got up with him and walked over to the DJ. Tyler told him to play a song for him and Kyle to dance to. The DJ nodded and put on the song. It started so Tyler had to run to Kyle. I saw him grab her hand and pulled her out on the dance floor. The song that they chose was 'Love Me Like You Do' since Kyle was singing that song yesterday in the car. They looked perfect together. I smiled and walked back to y/n. "You wanna dance y/n?" I heard Evan asked if she wanted to dance. I got upset so I went over by them. "Evan where's Heather?" I had to ask him because I didn't want him stealing my date. He looked up and his smile went away. "She couldn't come. She got sick so her mom made her stay home." I nodded my head and sat by y/n. She glanced at me and then back at Evan. I rolled my eyes as I just let her dance with him. "Go ahead y/n, dance with him." She smiled and kissed my lips. I didn't kiss back because I wanted this day to be special for me and her, not her and Evan or anybody else. She looked upset and was about to say something but Evan grabbed her hand and pulled her out on the dance floor. I got bored so I went out in the halls to get away from the dance. I walked around the school then went back to the dance. As I walked in, I saw Evan trying to kiss y/n. I felt anger rise up as I made my way to Evan. I pushed him away from y/n and started yelling. "Evan what the fuck?! She's my fucking girlfriend! Ugh! I can't believe you would do this to your friend!" "Dude Jon, I'm sorry. I was just having a moment with her, I didn't mean to hurt you." "Whatever, you can have her. She's a slut anyways. I'm done with this bullshit." After I said that, I heard y/n gasp. She was crying. I felt bad that I called her a slut. I was turning into Amber, which scared me. Y/n ran out of the gym with Kyle following behind. I decided to leave the dance since there was no point in staying anymore. I walked by the girls bathroom, I heard Kyle and y/n talking. "Y/n, I'm sure he didn't mean it. It's just, Evan was all over you. Jonathan's just trying to keep you safe." "But who calls their girlfriend a slut? Tyler doesn't call you slut Kyle. I'm giving Jonathan back the bracelet." "No! He got it for you y/n! Don't give it back!" "Kyle, I don't want to be with someone who's gonna call me slut. He's not even worth it anyways, he's just like Amber. I can see why they dated." I felt my heart break into a million pieces. I hurt y/n again. I sighed as I went back to the gym. I sat down by Tyler and put my head down. I heard Kyle talking so I looked up and saw y/n walking towards Evan. I quickly got up and went to go talk to her. "Hey y/n, you okay?" She looked at me then rolled her eyes. "Yeah I'm fine Jonathan. I was just gonna ask Evan if he can drive me home." I looked down away from her. She was really going to leave me this time. I nodded my head no and grabbed her hand. She pulled it away and slapped me. I looked at her shock. "Don't touch me Jon! I've had it with you! Here's your stupid bracelet, why don't you give it to Amber?!" I didn't grab the bracelet but instead, I ran to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror and noticed a hand print on my cheek. I touched the red mark and started tearing up. I closed my eyes for a moment until someone came in. I looked up and saw Tyler with Lui. "Dude you okay?" I glanced at Lui then at Tyler. I sighed as I touched the red hand print again. "Look Tyler, I'm fine, y/n obviously doesn't want me. She wants Evan. She always has wanted him. It was a mistake for me to try and get with her. She's always pushing me away. It's like she wants to be alone and away....from me. She doesn't realize that I want to love the lonely in her." I heard Tyler say something to Lui but I couldn't make out what he said. Lui nodded and ran out of the bathroom. "What did you tell him Tyler?" "I told him to stall so y/n won't leave. You guys still haven't had your dance. I texted Kyle to put a song on for you guys so it's about to start." I nodded and ran out of the bathroom. Tyler followed me back to the gym. I went to look for y/n and saw her sitting at the table laughing with Lui. I looked at Tyler and then he looked at Kyle. She came up to me and spoke. "Yours and y/ns song is ready. All you need to do is tell her that you wanna have one dance before she leaves." I nodded and hugged her. I went to y/n and tapped her shoulder. She looked at me and her smile went away. "Y/n, before you leave, can we have one dance?" She looked at Lui as he gave her a smile and pushed her lightly. She giggled and stood up. "Just one dance Jonathan. I'm not in the mood to be near you right now." I nodded my head and held her hand as I took us to the dance floor. I looked at the DJ as he smiled and announced a special dance. "This special dance and song goes out to Jonathan and y/n. Hope you guys have a good time." And with that, he started the song. I pulled y/n close and started dancing with her. She leaned her head on my chest and closed her eyes. I gently picked her up so she can stand on my feet. I held her tightly and kissed her lips. She pushed me away and stopped dancing. "What're you doing Jonathan?" "I...I don't know. I'm sorry." She ran off and pulled Luis' arm. I guess he was going to take her home. I was standing alone on the dance floor with everyone staring. I felt my eyes watering so I left the dance. I didn't have a ride because Tyler and Kyle wanted to stay for a little longer, so I had to walk home. As I was walking home, it started raining on me. This night couldn't have got any better. I sighed and just kept walking. I finally made it to my house and opened the door. I saw my dad and Mary watching tv. They looked at me and smiled. I smiled back and went upstairs to take a warm shower. I grabbed a pair of sweatpants and a blue shirt. I started the shower and got in. The water felt nice but I still had y/n in my thought. I signed as I got out and got dressed. I went in my room and plopped on my bed. We didn't dance to the full song that Kyle picked for us. I decided to look up the song that she picked and play it for her at school. This was the worst night ever.