Detention- Clay

You walked into the classroom and threw your bag down on a desk with a loud thump before sitting down. If your idiot of a brother, Monty, hadn’t gotten into a fight you wouldn’t even be in detention. You just had to drag him off of some poor kid, and somehow you got in trouble. Looking around there was few familiar faces; there was a few kids from some of your classes but no one you really knew until Clay walked in.

“Hey! Jensen, over here.” You whispered loudly across the classroom pointing at the desk next to you. The two of you had history together and only spoke occasionally but he was the only one you even spoke to in the room. The teacher glared at you for talking but didn’t say anything as Clay took the desk next to you.

“Never thought I’d see you in here. What are you a rebel now?” You asked quietly raising an eyebrow at him.

“Oh, yeah you know me. I got detention for kicking some kid’s ass,” he said sarcastically making you look at him pointedly waiting for the truth, “I was late because I got breakfast. You?”

You laughed at him and shook your head, “Monty is a dumbass and got into a fight. When I tried to pull him away I ended up getting in trouble.”

“Why are you even friends with Monty?” He asked bluntly. It always made you laugh that he was so awkward and blunt.

“Well unfortunately, we share the same blood.” You responded. Most people didn’t know you were siblings since you used to go to a separate school and didn’t go to Liberty until this year.

“Is it bad if I say I feel bad for you?” He asked chuckling.

“Not at all, I feel bad for me.” You responded giving him a smile.