Chapter 78.

ISABELLE

I could feel it. Right in my stomach. In my gut. I dont know how I knew something bad was going to happen but I could just feel it. From the moment I woke up I knew something would break my heart today. 

Harry and I havent been speaking lately. I smile and try but I get nothing in return. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, maybe I'm not good enough for him or his life, maybe I'm holding him back. Maybe, I am the one who's wrong here and causing all of this bullshit in our marriage. It was always me from the start causing problems. I cant give him what he wants, maybe his keeping bored of me.

My college cause ends at  the end of this month and I cant wait for it to hurry and end so I can tell Harry what I've done, what I've achieved.

We've had a few arguments, some with him leaving, some with me leaving. But we always came back. We would always come back, wouldnt we? Some of the arguments were because of me not wanting to go to his parents dinners which I dont understand why he wanted to go, let alone force me. His parents were never nice to me and their dinner is what I think is what started to tear us apart but no one mentions this. Both of us too scared to admit that this is probably us coming to an end.

All this week Harry has had phone calls and meetings with a certain person but he wouldnt say anything else and maybe thats when I first started to get the feeling in my gut, or maybe it was before that. I'm not to sure myself when it started but all this week, especially this morning, the feeling would not leave me.

**********

LOUIS

"Are you really going to do this?" I asked Harry as I flipped through the papers. 

"It's what's best." 

"For her or you?" 

Silence, thats all I got in return. 

***********

ISABELLE

It was around half eleven when I got home from my evening classes. I opened the door and chucked my keys on the table by the door. I took my shoes and hung my coat up. I sighed and rubbed my eyes as the tiredness suddenly filled me and all I wanted to do was get in bed. 

However, when I walked past the kitchen I saw the light was on. I stood in the door way and saw Harry sitting on the stool by the island. 

"Hey." I spoke, making him look up at me. 

"Hi" He muttered back and the feeling in my stomach worsened. 

"Everything ok?" I asked wary because I felt like I didnt want to know the answer. 

"Not really." He said, standing up and walking round the island to now stand in front of me. I didnt say anything, although I did see papers in his hand, all stapled together. "Here..." He trailed off passing the papers to me. 

I looked him but he wouldnt meet my eyes. I looked back down at his hand and took the papers from him, looking through them. Page after page making the feeling in my stomach grow and I had to swallow to get rid of the lump in my throat. 

"You want a divorce?" I questioned. 

"I think its whats best. We havent been the same for a while and all the arguing is taking a toll on us." He explained.

I walked over the to island and sat down, looking through and reading everything that was put in it. 

"I spoke to my lawyers and the divorce company that I'm using and we've come up with a good compromise, I think anyway. What do you think?" 

I stayed quiet, reading over every word, every sentence, some of them twice to get every bit of information right.

After a while of silence, me sitting, reading and him standing, watching. I spoke, "Will this make you happy?" 

"What?" He asked shocked as I looked up at him for the first time since he handed me the papers. 

"Will this," I gestured to the papers in front of me. "This divorce make you happy? Is this what you want?" 

He nodded. 

"I need you to say it." 

"Yes." He spoke and I had to swallow the lump in my throat again. 

"Give me a pen." 

He didnt waste any time, grabbing one out of his pocket watching me carefully. 

"If we are doing this we need to change some things." I spoke, grabbing the pen and crossing things out on the pages. "Here." I spoke handing the papers back. "Get them bits changed and I'll sign it." 

I got up and started walking towards the kitchen door when Harry stopped me. 

"You want me to take everything out?" 

"Yes."

"Why?" He looked up from the paper and to me, confused. 

"You obviously dont know me if you think thats what I would want from you. I dont want half your company. I dont want half of the money you have now! I dont fucking want half of this house when you sell it!" I started to get frustrated with him, running a hand through my hair. "I dont want any of it! I was with you because I wanted you, Harry. I didnt want your money or your business. I wanted you. It's just my luck that I couldnt keep you, isnt it?" I chuckled lightly. "So yes, I want you to take everything out before I sign it because all I've ever wanted is you to be happy and if this is what it takes then I'll do it, for you. But I dont want anything in return, I dont need anything from you." I spoke before walking out. 

I put my coat and shoes on slowly, hoping he would come out and change his mind but he never did. I held my head up high and walked out of the house, getting in my car and going to Peters. The funny thing about this is I didnt cry. I dont know if its because I saw it coming or because I had cried enough but all the ride to Peter's and even telling him what happened, I never cried. Not even one tear. I was sad, thats for sure but I somehow knew I would get through this, maybe. 

___________________________

:((((((((((((((( THEY ARE GETTING A DIVORCE HOW DOES EVERYONE FEEL? 

LOVE YOU ALL 

40 VOTES AND 30 COMMENTS FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER 

VOTE

AND

COMMENT