Chapter 80.

ISABELLE

During these five years Janet had, had a child with her long term boyfriend Matt. She was now four and was very clever, she noticed things all the time that a child her age would normally ignore. She always loves to just talk to everyone, to be honest she is the sweetest little thing ever. It generally makes me sad that I cant have kids.

Janet and Matt wanted a weekend to theirselves, so I offered to look after Hilary for them. Michael was out of town for work and I knew Peter wouldnt mind as he loves that little girl as much as me. He's been trying to teach her how to be sassy and its quite funny to watch because she only does it to him which was not his plan when teaching it.

"Is she asleep yet? Is she giving you trouble?" Janet spoke fast down the phone at nine o'clock to check in with me and Hilary.

"No and No."

"Isabelle! She was meant to be asleep an hour ago!"

"She's with her auntie let her have one late night! Plus we're watching Disney films!" I defend and she sighs.

"Fine, longs everything is ok."

"Of course, when isnt it."

Hilary spoke to her mum for a while before telling her that she was interrupting Disney time and thats when Janet hung up.

"Izzy, can I play on your phone?"

"We're watching a film, Hils."

"I know but I can do two things at once, I'm a women." I chuckled and handed her my phone, going back to watching Snow White.

It was only a couple minutes, five at most, when Hilary spoke up again. This time shoving my phone in my face.

"Whos this?" She exclaimed.

I squinted my eyes and pulled back to look at what was on the screen of my phone. However, as I did this I wish I hadnt. Hilary was looking through my photos, something I havent done in years because I had obviously forgot to deleted some photos. The photo on the screen in front of me made my stomach and heart hurt and I tried to hold back tears as I forced a smile.

"Thats just a friend."

"But who? He obviously seems more than a friend too, his kissing your cheek." She cheered making me smile at her cuteness but frown at this conversation.

The photo was of me and Harry when we had a lazy day when we first got married. I was smiling wide with my eyes shut as he kissed my cheek. It was a cute picture, one of my favourites, maybe thats why I hadnt deleted it.

"His name is Harry. We were married five years ago." I explained, hoping that would be it but she wasnt done with the questions.

"Why did you guys break up?"

I laughed lightly, almost painfully. "One day he loved me and the next he didnt. Strange isnt it? How fast someone's feelings can change and then theres nothing you can do but accept it. You have to sit and accept the fact you're completely in love with someone who doesnt even give a shit whether you come or go and frankly they would rather it if you didnt come at all. And that sucks."

I had held a lot in over the last five years and I dont know why I just let all of that out to Hilary. A four year old who probably is confused by what I just said. But it felt nice, to finally tell someone something little about how I feel about the whole situation because to be honest I havent done that in a while. Not since the last time I broke down for a couple of weeks.

"Did you love him?" She asked but I knew she already knew the answer.

"Yes."

"How much?" She looked up at me with so much happiness and hope.

"Does it matter?" I asked her confused.

"Why does it not?" She wasn't happy anymore, just confused by my attitude and question.

I sighed and looked down at my lap. "Because it wasn't enough to make him stay."

Silence. That's all that filled the room before another voice joined the conversation.

"Come on Hilary. Lets get you to sleep."

I hadnt realise how long we had been silent since I stopped talking but Peter had interrupted us by taking Hilary to bed as he saw I was too deep in thought to do anything.

God, I hope he didnt hear that speech.

"She's all asleep, must've tired her out." Peter said, sitting down next to me.

"Yes I guess so."

"You miss him still don't you?"

"What?" I looked up at him shocked to even hear them words leave his mouth.

"You miss him, Harry I mean."

"I know who you mean."

"I heard your speech and answers to Hilary's questions."

I stayed silent, I didn't know what to say.

"Isabelle, talk to me."

"Why? It's pathetic that even after five years I cant seem to get over him. It's not like I even know anything about him now." I spoke as tears came to my eyes and all Peter did was pull me into his side as a hug.

************FIVE YEARS AGO*********

LOUIS

"I cant believe you went through with it?" I said as I sat in Harrys office a couple weeks after the divorce.

"It was the best thing to do."

"You keep saying that but she was the best thing to ever happen to you."

"I know she was. She still is the best thing to ever happen to me, she probably always will be. She is one of most kind, sweet people I've ever met and she deserves the world, she really does." He spoke with so much love in his eyes that I was still confused to why he let her go.

"Then why did you leave her man?" I just wanted answers.

He stayed silent for a moment as he looked out the window. "Because I cant give her those things, I'm a mess. She deserves better than me."

I sighed, looking at him avoid my eyes and look out the window that showed the city.

"You don't get to make that decision for her."

__________________________________

ANOTHER DAY ANOTHER CHAPTER! I HOPE YOU LIKE IT WITH THE FLASHBACKS AND ALL PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON WHAT YOU LIKE AND DONT LIKE BECAUSE I CAN CHANGE IF FLASHBACKS ARENT WORKING FOR YOU ALL. ANYWAY I HOPE YOU LIKE IT AND PLEASE COMMENT AS I LOVE READING THROUGH THEM MAKES ME SO HAPPY

LOVE YOU ALL

60 VOTES AND 5O COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER!!

VOTE

AND

COMMENT