1.5 Break Of Daylight

/// I don't often do this, but I do think 4 o'clock is a fitting song for this chapter, and also for the time I'm writing this at.////

________________

________________

Huo Zi Feng felt somewhat nervous.

For him, perhaps the happiest memories of his childhood were spent with his grandparents and the Lang family house.

There, this young girl had always chased after him, calling out to him as 'brother, brother' with her big eyes and nymph-like antics.

As a kid, he who never got any attention from his parents really felt that this younger sister was very annoying. She always kept looking for him, asking for him, it was as though she would try to imitate his every step.

But while he felt it was annoying, that childhood and those memories ー he would never trade them for anything. Because it was in those moments he felt what it was like to be looked at and wanted, it was in those moments that he had fun.

It was only when he was old enough to understand why his parents were what they were, that he was forced to mature early. This was only when he was ten, it was when it finally hit him that his parents simply didn't have any affection, there was no friendship let alone love. His grandparents had betrothed him to Qiu Yue and he didn't want to disappoint them... but he also wouldn't marry someone who he didn't love. And if he never loved, then he would make sure that there was friendship between them.

So to this young girl, whose shadow lived in his memories very vaguely, he wasn't sure what to feel. He didn't actively crave love or affection from anyone but there were two people he could not bear to disappoint, and they were his grandparents. They had raised and loved him. But he also didn't want to do something he thought was wrong.

So when he knew she was going to be stepping through that door, and finally after so many years he would see her again, he wondered what she would be like. And this wonder was what made his thoughts go fluttering around his head, causing him to be nervous.

Qiu Yue thought that this contrast was really quite cute. She could vaguely guess why he was nervous but also felt that that reason would contradict the personality he was portrayed in the book.
Then again, humans are weird creatures, they react so differently to things.

A small smile tugged at the corners of her lips as she bowed slightly and introduced herself.

"Senior brother, I'm very sorry to bother you."

Huo Zi Feng seemed to have composed himself to some extent and coolly bowed his head towards her, acknowledging it.

"It's nothing. You are ー ahem, what are your plans here?"