2.34 "May I Have This Dance, Darling?"

The house was quiet. The wind blew the white curtains out into the room and wind chimes tinkled in the silence. Qiu Yue's laughter rang out getting closer and the door to the room opened as she stumbled in. Her ring glinted on her finger as she walked past the threshold, Qiao Feng right behind her. His hair was different now and he walked to the open and unnecessarily large kitchen. He pulled out their jar of coffee beans, getting to work with the machine while Qiu Yue plonked herself on the sofa just drinking his figure in.

Thirty years had passed since their wedding. Not a day had gone by where she hadn't felt touched by his love. She turned her head a little, absentmindedly staring at the sunlight streaming into the room. The record player sitting nearby caught her eye. Today was their anniversary and seeing that reminded her of the song Qiao Feng had sung for her. She had the only officially recorded copy of that in this world. She had badgered Qiao Feng for one because she knew that just that was enough to pull her away from even heaven. Languidly resting on the sofa like the cat they'd never had, however, she didn't really want to get up. As she sat on the soft cushion thinking, Qiao Feng walked into her line of sight carrying two mugs that were starting to condensate on the outside. It was a sunny day today, not hot but not cool. Taking the mug from his hands, Qiu Yue placed it on the side table and decided to just get up. She popped open the player, sliding a record out of its well-worn cover. As the music started to play, slow and steadily Qiao Feng gave Qiu Yue a sweet smile. She could be happy with a single smile like that, it was so very lovely. Walking up to Qiao Feng with a slight grin, Qiu Yue held out her hand.

"May I have this dance, darling?"

Without saying a word he placed his hand in hers, pulling himself up. With practiced ease he placed one hand on her hip, holding one of her hands in his with the other. She laid her hand on her shoulder and they swayed to the music. After a while she rested her head on his shoulder on the other side, staring at the ring on her hand. Tilting upwards she kissed her jaw lightly.

"Do you want to invite them over tonight?" His deep voice rumbled in his chest as he spoke to her, his words were like flower petals.

"Don't we always?"

They lapsed back into the quiet for a while. Qiu Yue looked outside their window, their surroundings were quiet and spacious, their estate was fairly big.

"Let's do this for all the years to come. Dance once in a while. Throw a party for our anniversary where I cook for a day. Till we can't anymore here-" His fingers stiffened a little in between hers, "And then I'll come to find you wherever you are so we can do this for all lifetimes."

He relaxed instantly. Brushing his lips on her temple he hummed in agreement. The record continued to play Qiao Feng's deep and mellow voice.

"Take my hand...

Take my whole life too..."

" For I... can't... help falling in love with you"

Many things had changed over the years. Bai Dong had incessantly followed after his cousin sister, he just wouldn't stop running after her. He kept going on about how cool Qiu Yue was and how he wanted to be like her. He had even made her listen to him sing and honestly every time Qiu Yue thought of that she instinctively wanted to beat him up, his voice was just like that. He ended up becoming a very popular actor, however, and his bad singing was just a running joke his fans loved him for. It was quite a big deal that Qiu Yue's two brothers, Xiang Yu Se and Bai Dong were also so talented.

Bai Yi on the other hand, along with Qiu Yue's support had taken the Lang family's seat as the head. The Lang family had wanted to use Qiu Yue and Yu Se's name to strong-arm their way into relevance again, and Qiu Yue didn't really care about that wretched family. But Bai Yi did and she had worked hard to be the one at the head so in exchange Qiu Yue had made sure that her friend and cousin sister had the opportunity to show her talent. She had, by herself with her own strength, Bai Yi had shown the world and she'd made that dying camel into a high mountain. There were many protests from both outside and inside the family, but Qiu Yue and Bai Yi were not to be stopped. She had also helped Qiu Yue and Qiao Feng with the group that had targetted him. Once she had solidified her hold on the armed force of the Lang Family, she had used its influence, strength, and her own skill to completely get rid of them.