1.11 A disagreement

Bao FeiYin.

What was the female lead doing here so early? According to the timeline, she should be appearing in a year, give or take a few months. There was also the fact that she should have been here only on Qiu Yue's invitation, but that part wasn't that surprising to Qiu Yue.

Qiu Yue quickly pulled up Yao Yan's contact and called her. While of course, she could use the telepathic connection, it would seem off to stand in the public, just staring off into nowhere.

After several rings, Yao Yan finally picked up.

"YanYan! Are you doing something..?"

"Uh..? I'm... uh... I just woke up..."
Yao Yan sounded very groggy and her voice was raspy too, as though she had an ...exciting night. 
(⊙ө⊙)✨

"Did you? Wait no- okay, call me back later."

Qiu Yue wanted to ask her about the details but it just didn't sit right with her to ask about sex. Never mind, she would talk to Huo Zi Feng first then.

Should I go up?
But then Qiu Yue shook her head, she'd already clocked out for lunch, and she had to go to over to Grandma Feng's country house anyways. Better to get gifts now than forget.

So instead she decided to call Huo Zi Feng too. This time though, it rang only for milliseconds before being answered.

"Senior Feng?"
That was fast, Qiu Yue thought chuckling.

"Ah Yue!"
Huo Zi Feng who had originally felt left out lit up as soon as he got a call from Qiu Yue.

"Ah... senior, I have something I want to ask."

Huo Zi Feng's heart beat faster, was she thinking of bringing him a gift too and wanted to know his tastes?

"Of course! Anything for you."

Qiu Yue chuckled awkwardly. This guy really didn't cut any corners, anytime he could throw cheese and honey it was like buy one get one at the grocery store.

"I saw a classmate of mine from college here today, her name Bao FeiYin. Is she perhaps here for an interview?"

Huo Zi Feng really felt disappointed. Why was she always avoiding his words? Even asking about someone else...

"Bao FeiYin... Ah, she is the person cousin in law requested for me to take in as an intern."
Though he was dissatisfied Huo Zi Feng answered her.

'Cousin in law?'
Qiu Yue was speechless, this guy - jumping so many stages at once, did he not feel shameless at all?

Huo Zi Feng definitely would tell her that shame was only the matter of an apple, he was after far more important things.

"Cousin brother did? Ah, I see. Thank you very much. Then, should I select a gift from both of us for grandma?"

Suddenly Huo Zi Feng's eyes lit up.

Of course!

"Ah Yue! I would like to come along with you to select the gift. Can I?"
Sounding very sweet and sugary in an attempt to melt Qiu Yue's heart.

"I think I can do it, I'm sure you have a lot of work to do and miss Bao will be coming to meet you too-"

"Of course not, nothing that can't be done after a few hours. Miss Bao is just an intern, I do not believe my presence will be required."

Before Qiu Yue could say anything to gently refuse him, he decided to just give away the last of his cold personality and just beg her.

"Please, Ah Yue?