1.25 The Boss Is So Impatient!

She would be embarrassed if I told her, so I won't.

Shamelessly thinking like this, Zhou Jia grinned happily. See! These were the romantic novel-like moments she had been anticipating.

Zhou Jia grabbed Qiu Yue's arm and pulled her outside the room.

"Everyone is waiting for you!"

Not only had the incident been resolved, they had finally released their new game for everyone to see. Riding on the coattails of the media coverage which were invited by Bao FeiYin, Love's Countdown would receive free publicity.

As soon as they saw Qiu Yue they clapped thunderously. Her project was finally set to release! All the hard work and late nights were going to show their result!

Qiu Yue's heart was going to burst from happiness, not just because of the release or the press conference but rather the sensation that remained on her lips. She could push down to urge to touch her lips but she couldn't stop the bright smile on her face.

Qiu Yue might've known happiness before this, but never like this.

Some of her subordinates were already turning as red as a tomato while others smiled mischievously once they glanced at her neck. Boss was so impatient!

Yao Yan's face didn't stray from its ambiguous half smirk and had instead slightly stiffened for half a second, maybe some part of her deep inside had been triggered while looking at Qiu Yue as she felt like a bucket of cold water had been splashed on her face. Regardless of her inner demons, she managed to mask it all with a smirk.

No matter how high of a cloud nine Qiu Yue was on, looking at all of the strange expressions on their faces and all the knowing glances cast at her, Qiu Yue's lips started twitching and her smile began to show signs of cracking. Especially when seeing Yao Yan's peculiar expression and remembering Zhou Jia's weird look...

....

FENGFENG!

⁞ つ: •̀ ⌂ •́ : ⁞-︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

She swirled her head around, looking for Huo Zi Feng as she glared holes into his suit, but nothing could pierce that thick skin despite how many glares she was sending his way. Instead, his grin had become more pronounced and his eyes brightened as if he wanted to keep provoking her.

Shameless!

Qiu Yue could feel blood rush to her cheeks as she pulled her collar higher in an attempt at covering the traces of the cursed mark.

..................

Later in her cabin, Yao Yan stood twisting a lollipop in her mouth as she stared at Qiu Yue nonchalantly.

After telling her all about what had happened, it was apparent that Wang Xi would make a move soon. Although they had a paper trail of Bao FeiYin's purchase of the explosives, with Wang Xi believing he had caught Qiu Yue threatening Bao FeiYin on tape, it was obvious that he would have been itching to release it. Surely he'd contact the Lang parents soon enough.

But there was something far more concerning on Qiu Yue's mind right now!

Yao Yan sucked on the lollipop as she spoke.

"It's just a gift for New Years, do you have to be so tensed?"

"It's not just a gift! It's- it's the first gift I'm giving him! And it's New Year's Christmas, it's my favorite time of the year... normally I just expect gifts... b-but now! I realize how hard choosing one is, and if he gives me something I love but I have nothing to give in return?"