2.28 Would You Say No?

Love means a lot of different things for people. And even with that, the meaning changes as people go on with their lives. For some, it means the intense passion they feel for each other, for others it means friendship and being with each other. And so on.

For me, all I wanted was for someone to look at me. Like, actually look at me and the deepest darkest sides of myself. Then, they would choose me all over again, despite the crazy, messed up person they saw in me. The minute someone did that, I would love them with everything I had. The good in me, the bad and the crazy.

I knew from before that I was never meant to be the hero, the lead - the one the story was about and the one the world favoured.

I was the one who needed to take everything I needed. The people. The money. The status. Love.

I knew who I was, and that's why I chose to be kind to others like me. I made that choice knowing I could get hurt, because I realized that perhaps all it would've taken to change my life was that one person who was truly kind, one who looked past what others pretended to see.

_________________________

As the filming of the movie was set, the actors' cast, the locations scouted and the rest of the crew was put together. Scheduling was done based on the details and shooting was set to begin very soon.

Qiu Yue and Qiao Feng spent their days in A Country, living it up. They would go out to restaurants and try out all kinds of things. Visit all the locations of interest holding each other's hands. As they looked at monuments, museums and art Qiu Yue was inevitably drawn in. Qiao Feng loves seeing that look on her face, the marvel in her eyes as she looked at these things and saw an entire world. Something he'd never realized existed, and he still couldn't see it, but he loved watching her as she looked at everything.

The way her eyes sparkled. The excitement in her voice as she spoke about how beautiful everything was, the warmth he felt in his hand as she held on and pulled him along with her everywhere she went.

He wanted to stay like this forever.

In fact, he wanted to spend his entire life with her. Looking at the girl next to him, he knew she was the only one he ever wanted to get married to. He knew she didn't think it was that important, not because she didn't love him but rather because she didn't think a legal institution should change anything.

He knew all that, and yet he wanted to get married to her. Wake up next to her, cool for her every day, and just... grow old with her. He knew he could do it without getting married too. But there was something that told him that they had to get married.

Perhaps he was just old fashioned.

And yet every time he looked at the ring he'd found, he knew that another ring tñhung around her neck meant that she'd bought it for someone.

But he never brought it up. Even just being here with her every day, was something that was unimaginable for him, he didn't want to be greedy and ruin everything.

Keeping in mind Qiu Yue's mixed Asian looks, the male lead selected was also someone similar. With black shoulder-length hair and peach blossom eyes, Li Jiaheng was half-Asian. He could look gentle and languid, like a plum blossom tree but he could also bring out the fierceness of a metal dragon. His sharp eyes giving off a predatory atmosphere.

The plot of the movie began as a man that looked very much like the emperor wrote down records of the one who was considered the most important. This person, who could never be mentioned in all the annals of history, had been erased from the records.