2.6 Interesting Morning?

Qiao Feng had a hint of a smile on his face as he watched the video on his laptop. It was one he had taken with his camera and because it was handheld it had been quite shaky but then looking at it again, it added a 'genuine' touch to it. It was as though to Qiu Yue, it wasn't just a performance, but something far more real and personal.

This morning, like every other had already become a routine for Qiao Feng. He had gone to her apartment only to be told that Qiu Yue had unexpectedly gone to the park. He hurriedly went after her to try to persuade her once more, however his trip was cut short when he noticed her singing,

And, as she sang, it felt like the world had stopped to stay and listen. Men and women alike couldn't stop themselves from thinking of their own relationships. Children were entrapped by the fairy-like beauty glimmering under the sunlight as her sweet voice reverberated through the park.

Even after it was over, it felt like everyone remained frozen, too caught up in their emotions to clap for her. But to Qiao Feng the pangs of sadness had weirdly started to become waves of frustration. Even he couldn't understand why he felt this way.

As he started to clap for her, she turned and through the crowd their eyes met and Qiao Feng felt like he'd never seen such clear eyes in his life and yet... they felt very familiar.

But the moment passed quickly as a girl walked up to talk to Qiu Yue. He packed up his things and left quietly. His work was done, he was sure that when he goes to ask her tomorrow she'd agree to his proposal.

Qiu Yue's voice held so much emotion and the way her voice broke at the end, as her eyes held back tears again. A part of Qiao Feng was celebrating as this was a means for the audience to connect with their idol, but another part of him felt very uncomfortable.

Why he felt weird like this was beyond him.

He shook his head trying to clear his thoughts. This should serve as a catalyst for the next time he goes to her place, since he's almost certain she'll agree to sign his contract.

He started to replay the video once again to ensure there weren't any discrepancies. Right at that moment the door to his office opened. Normally he wouldn't panic. He never panicked, but this time seeing her standing there while he was watching that video?

He scrambled up and quickly put his laptop on sleep mode, while seeming very suspicious. He then proceeded to curse himself. It's not like he was doing anything illegal, so why did he act like he was?!

Seeing the cool-headed narcissistic manager appear flustered like this, Qiu Yue felt that something was fishy but still decided to let it go. There was something more important they needed to talk about.

Despite this, she didn't say anything.

And Qiao Feng didn't feel like he should either. It almost felt like if he did he would automatically say something stupid.

"......"

"......."

"......."

"So...?"

Qiao Feng finally couldn't take it anymore and broke the silence acting as though nothing bothered him in the least.

"Interesting morning?"

He asked, raising a single eyebrow slightly.

"You should know. You were there. Recording it if I might add."

She said leaning over as she woke his laptop and pressed the spacebar[1], looking at him questioningly. Immediately, the video he had previously paused resumed playing.