2.29 I Hope You Know, You Are My Home.

Even if I never wanted to get married, opposing the rules set by the same society that had shunned me, the traditional wedding vows meant far more to me than anyone could ever imagine.

Of course, that didn't mean I would jump into it.

But goddamn, when I looked into his eyes staring at me with so much love, I suddenly didn't care about legality and society.

___________________

A week later, Qiu Yue was on the set, but Qiao Feng hadn't been there to watch her like he always did.

Since the day they'd started shooting, he'd been there looking at her with such adoration it drove everyone mad. Not that Qiu Yue toned it down, they both only had eyes for each other.

Even when Qiu Yue was acting, she could do well because the main character very much resembled her real temperament and all she had to do was imagine Qiao Feng as the male lead.

It also reminded Qiu Yue of things she'd kept hidden away in her memories.

In this scene, the female lead in the movie, Liang Qiu had found out who the man she'd fallen in love with was.

She'd never seen the Regent on the day her family had been killed, not properly anyway. From her hiding place, she'd caught a glimpse of the hairpin he'd been wearing that day.

Fen Long had never thought to hide his hairpin when he spent time with his lover, the one person he was pretty sure he was in love with. It was because he only wore it out when he wasn't acting as Regent. He'd hidden everything else that could let out his actual identity, except for that one thing.

Ironically enough, even if Liang Qiu hadn't recognized the rest, the hairpin was one thing she couldn't forget.

Looking at the hairpin, she slowly collapsed backwards into a chair with a glass of wine in her hand.

How could it be? She'd known that the man she'd chosen to love wasn't a saint. She knew his hands were stained with blood.

But why, why did he have to be the one person she couldn't let live to complete her revenge?

Knowing what she knew now, did she hate him?

Somehow she couldn't. How could you love someone that had killed everyone else who could've given you love, albeit in their own twisted way?

Instead, her grip on the glass tightened as she allowed herself to hate her family a little bit.

She couldn't hate him.

She couldn't blame her family.

She couldn't complete her revenge but nor could she leave it be. Not anymore.

Even as thoughts of her revenge rang in her head, glimpses of her moments with him flashed in her head.

Her grip on the glass got tighter and tighter until it finally shattered. The pieces couldn't fully jump out as most of them were stuck in her hand. Until she unclenched her hand and the pieces of glass fell to the ground sharply cracking against the ground.

As her blood mixed with the transparent shards to drip down, Qiu Yue looked almost wistful...

"It's still so beautiful..."

She whispered.

Qiu Yue sat there, unmoving, unable to snap out of of the scene, out of her head. What if Feng betrayed her?

What if?

And the rest of the crew was immersed into the scene until Ms Crystal finally seemed to snap out of her reverie as blood keep dripping from Qiu Yue's hand.