1.35 A Silly Dream

Huo Zi Feng sighed happily after Qiu Yue hung up

Huo Zi Feng sighed happily after Qiu Yue hung up. For the last two years, every moment of every day had been perfect. He couldn't imagine a world without Qiu Yue in it anymore, so before this trip, he had taken another kind of trip - to a jewelry store.

His grandmother didn't have any special family ring, and his parents' marriage didn't really have such an end where he could've kept his mother's ring, so instead, he decided on a designed custom wedding ring just for Qiu Yue.

The ring was unique. Even after having looked for a ring through many different stores, despite having found so many beautiful rings that were crafted in their own unique and beautiful ways like the rarest red stones, white diamonds of incomparable beauty, and beautiful green emeralds. However, not a single one of them represented what Qiu Yue meant for him.

But this ring... it was a raw blue diamond set in gold that was cast especially for this one stone. It wasn't polished or cut, it was beautiful just the way it was. Two smaller uncut raw blue diamonds were placed on either side of the larger center stone.

For him, this was the best ring for Qiu Yue. It was raw and the only one of its kind. Even if people tried to copy it, no one could ever make one the same way again. And the color of the diamond was blue. In the beginning, Huo Zi Feng had wondered and thought of getting a red center stone, since red was a huge part of her, a fire that burned so bright and strong, people feared it, unable to understand that this fire could only provide warmth and care, never harm. But to him, blue signified so much more.

One day, he would explain it to Qiu Yue himself.

He knew that some of his friends had held doubts at the beginning about Qiu Yue, what was so special in her that she had stolen his everything?

How could he tell them that he couldn't stop himself from calling and checking in so often because he was afraid. Afraid of losing her. She was so much more than he deserved, and only he knew how true those words were.

He knew that even she herself felt he was her anchor, that he would always be whatever she needed. But for him, being without her, he wouldn't even have existed.

She was the first person to accept him, the only one to show him an unconditional kindness and love. She would stand by him through anything that the world could throw at them.

From within his soul, he could feel that this connection, for both of them, has become a bond forged by their own hands. They didn't have anything like destiny supporting them, but through sheer want for each other, they had become a couple that even the heavens had to accept.

It was as though every cell in his body screamed at him to cherish her.

Since he was a child he had never wanted anything, he had always been the best at everything. Even when starting this company, it had all been to please his grandparents. But it was also his own way of searching for something that mattered. The work, the money... to him, what was it all if he didn't have a person to call his own?