1.8 I like you.

For Qiu Yue marriage was a very... annoying bond. She liked the idea of it, but in her life, the one married couple she had been born to had been a disaster. And even after that, her own experiences with marriages were just horrible.

She loves the idea of it and loved attending them, loved planning them for others, but when it came to her own self... well she wasn't really going to be considering it.

"I don't think I have the time to be thinking about that you know? I don't really have anyone like that either..."

She shrugged, the point here was that even if Qiu Yue did find someone right now, she was sure to refuse. Qiu Yue was going to be going to different worlds, and she knew that once she decided to be with one person, that was the only one person she'd ever be with. She was scared of the thought that she'd have to leave someone behind. That after she left this world, or whichever world she found that person in, she would never see them again. She didn't want that, Qiu Yue wasn't sure how painful it would be, but she knew it'd be enough to kill her over and over again.

Huo Zi Feng's heart was pained, it was as if someone had grabbed it and was suddenly squeezing it tight.

He wasn't sure whether he should mention it, but he couldn't hold himself back.

"Then our engagement?"

Qiu Yue's eyes grew wide as she realized she had been talking to her fiancé, while she didn't know why he was asking her these questions, she knew her answer was less than appropriate.

"Ah... that, I - I mean ー"

She secretly took a look at his face and wondered, was Huo Zi Feng asking her this because he'd found someone he liked and wanted to know if she, Qiu Yue, would be saddened by this?

Was he asking her if she likes someone else to see if she could understand him?

In her heart she smiled dryly, she had expected this.

"Senior Feng! If there is anyone you love, please tell me. Don't think about our engagement too much, as long you like that person, don't worry about anything else!"

Huo Zi Feng felt that her words were encouraging but somehow very off. He shook off that feeling and asked her another question.

"Then, if I do like someone, how– what do I do?"

Qiu Yue felt a pang hit her heart in her chest. She felt slightly confused, this girl couldn't be the female lead, so who was she?

"I'm honestly not sure about other girls but I do think being honest with your feelings and affections is the best, though personally, I wouldn't like it if she or he was mindlessly in love with me."

Huo Zi Feng nodded at what she said, he too felt the same. Then he realized certain words she'd used in the sentence.

"She or he?"

Qiu Yue looked at him suddenly, his profile and wondered, the book didn't say anything about this aspect of his thinking.

"Yes, is there a–?"

"Ah no, I was just wondering."

How many rivals I might have...

.....

Huo Zi Feng honestly wanted to cry. Before this, he probably wouldn't understand the pain of having fallen for a beautiful girl who didn't mind gender, men he had to look out for, women he had to guard her against, if this had been a fantasy world he was sure there'd be more cats and dogs after her too.

If Qiu Yue could hear what he was thinking she'd be shocked, actually Qiu Yue had never fallen or lusted for anyone but she didn't want to limit herself.