2.23 Dinner

'Dinner' was a lot of fun! Fan Yin brought along his boyfriend which made Qiu Yue so happy that she couldn't express it, or so she thought. Her burning gaze really made Fan Yin admit defeat. He decided to never go against this sister-in-law.

'I can tease Qiao Feng but not sister-in-law!'

Unexpectedly, his sister-in-law also got along pretty well with his ice-block hubby.

Only, when Fan Yin's boyfriend introduced himself as Liu Zhe did Qiu Yue pause for a second.

Hmm? This name, why did she feel like she'd heard it somewhere?

"Ah, sister-in-law he's actually a pretty famous director. That's probably why~"

Sadly, her brother came alone... ah, what could she do with this sis-con brother of hers? But he seemed happy that way, so Qiu Yue didn't really want to say anything. Whatever made this brother of hers happy, she would welcome.

The food was great, so much so that everyone other than Yao Yan was surprised.

Actually, contrary to Qiu Yue's indignation. Its actually expected that they hadn't thought her cooking would be good. After all, no matter how neglected, she'd never had to cook a single day in her life. At least the original Xiang Qiu Yue hadn't. And they were right, perhaps Xiang Qiu Yue truly hadn't been able to, but Qiu Yue could.

It was instead Yao Yan, who had been looking forward to Qiu Yue's cooking, who seemed off!

Ahaha if Qiu Yue could read that she'd surely get angry...

Around 7, as everyone nearer the end of the meal, dangerously eyeing the food Qiu Yue has kept apart for Qiao Feng, Qiu Yue sighed.

As though Qiao Feng has read her thoughts, he called her at that very moment.

"Ah Yue, I'm really sorry my mother asked me to finish up some work and go for a meeting. I don't think I'll be able to come home anytime now..."

The corners of Qiu Yue's mouth dropped down as she pressed her lips together.

"Okay~ if you need help with something, call me, okay?"

"En."

It was a short call, as they both just wanted Qiao Feng to finish up fast and come back.

"It doesn't seem like he'd get to taste my food today..."

"Th-then can we have it...?"

As Fan Yin said what was on everyone's mind, they all suddenly brightened up, looking at Qiu Yue.

"...you gluttons! Take it!"

Qiu Yue looked exasperated as they shamelessly dug in.

"But how come Qiao Feng's never tasted your food?"

"Yeah."

Fan Yin and Xiang Yu Se looked curious.

"Oh, Feng cooks all the time~ because I love his food!"

"Hmm, but you're pretty good too!"

Qiu Yue smiled at Fan Yin, perhaps a little too sweetly.

"Then can I bill you for all the effort and energy I put into this meal!~ though I don't know if you can afford it~"

Fan Yin's lip twitched. Saying something like that, it didn't matter how much money he had, Qiu Yue would charge him to bankruptcy.

"He'll have more chances in the future~ you guys have a very bright life ahead! Haha..."