1.34 Restless

When Qiu Yue got news of Wang Xi's death she immediately wondered whether he could have been killed by Huo Zi Feng or Yao Yan. They might not have done it themselves but...

So she immediately called them over to her house. She wanted to know what had really happened, and whether they had anything to do with Wang Xi's death.

When Huo Zi Feng heard the question he couldn't help but furrow his brows in worry, unable to say what was on his mind.

Yao Yan on the other hand, didn't hesitate to ask.

"What if we did?"

She stared at Qiu Yue with a serious look on her face. Yao Yan knew Qiu Yue's temperament, she knew that Qiu Yue wouldn't hurt anyone on purpose. But in a case like this, letting Wang Xi go was just asking to get hurt in the future. Bao FeiYin may have turned out alright, but Wang Xi had spent all his life hating Qiu Yue and her family.

Qiu Yue looked at Yao Yan, observing her expression before her eyes shifted to Huo Zi Feng. Although he hadn't said anything, his eyes held regret. Qiu Yue could feel that he didn't want to answer this, but she also knew that this was something she had to say.

"I know what you want to say... and perhaps a few years ago I would have been against hurting him. But I've learnt that, if I don't want my loved ones to get hurt, I need to be resolute. I-"

Huo Zi Feng stepped forward and grasped her hands in his.

"That's enough. That's all I needed to know. You never have to go through anything like that, I wouldn't put you through something you don't want to do. All I want is for you to accept me, even after you've seen... all the other sides of me."

Qiu Yue smiled sadly. Her gaze shifted from Huo Zi Feng to Yao Yan.

"I could never hate you both. Ever. I know what you think, and I appreciate your thoughts but you should know that I'll do anything to protect what's mine no matter the cost."

Yao Yan's eyes shook a bit and she looked away, but her voice carried a determination that Qiu Yue had never heard.

"We will never let it come to that."

Qiu Yue laughed lightly, pulling Yao Yan in for a hug.

"About Wang Xi, we had nothing to do with him. In fact, I'm still trying to find out who killed him. Honestly if I hadn't seen his body I would have thought that he had faked his death... but after seeing it I think I can safely say he is dead."

Huo Zi Feng shook his head, a thoughtful look in his eyes. Seeing the scratches on Wang Xi it was obvious that the killer was cold blooded and purposefully let him suffer. It was just that his men were stationed there too and he had even checked the security footage, there was no sign of anyone having gone inside or having left the facility. Hell, there wasn't even any evidence of anyone on the footage outside Wang Xi's cell.

Huo Zi Feng's eyes wandered over to Yao Yan. If there was anyone who could've...

But Yao Yan nodded to his words, implying that she too, knew as much as he did while looking straight at Qiu Yue.

Huo Zi Feng sighed. If it had been her, then there would be no problem and if it wasn't her, there was no choice but to keep on looking.

.................

Two years went by in a breeze.

Qiu Yue's games were doing splendidly well in the market, surprising even her!

Huo Zi Feng's company too had slowly started to incorporate a few of Qiu Yue's ideas, making the already popular company even more sought after in the market now.