2.26 Daydreaming

NOTE: Please play "Señorita" by Shawn Mendes & Camilla Cabello to get the full effect of the chapter!

Unfortunately for both of them, they had a meeting in the afternoon with the scriptwriter. Ms Crystal seemed delighted to meet them and there were no disagreements on either side so it went well.

Then there was a gathering with the interested producers and directors, along with other influential personnel. It seemed as though it all happened really fast but it was simply because this script had been sitting for a long time. Being the work of the master of the industry, Crystal Ann, it was highly coveted. So when it was known that she was finally ready to start the project, all the interested parties had already lined up. 

In fact, Ms Crystal had already started talks with all the required people. It seemed as though shooting would begin soon. This was the advantage of working with a renowned and rich person. People didn't require persuasion before they sank their money, time or effort into the movie.

For the next week, for being officially cast as the female lead, Qiu Yue and Qiao Feng, as her manager, both had to be present at all meetings regarding the movie.

As Crystal, or 'Chris' as she asked to be called, wanted to start work on filming as soon as possible, many meetings were cramped one after the other. As a result, they quickly put together the whole crew. 

Having worked in the industry for so long, Chris had her own trusted experts, so a large section of the production crew was decided that way.

Every day, Qiu Yue and Qiao Feng would set out early and only reach home after midnight, dead tired. They would quietly fall into the bed before waking up the next day for more work.

Within three weeks, everything had been decided. Sure, the project was already well established, but this speed was still unprecedented!

At the introductory party, although Qiu Yue wanted to look cheerful, she honestly felt very exhausted. It wasn't the amount of work, but the constant strain of talking to so many people in a professional capacity while maintaining a polite demeanour. Qiu Yue  simply didn't like being so formal all the time.

The environment didn't bother Qiao Feng but he could see it was wearing Qiu Yue out. It wasn't that Qiu Yue couldn't handle it at all, but this constant interaction with humans in such a situation was simply too much.

This was why she'd chosen to be a graphic designer. She enjoyed human interaction, and then her own space while working. Even being an idol, she had the capability to be in a casual relationship with her fans.

Handling a small company with Huo Zi Feng by her side during her last life wasn't hard, but even then she preferred not to do so anyway.

— It just wore her mind out.

So that day, almost a month after they had arrived in A Country, the night of the introductory party, Qiu Yue was just very tired.

Qiao Feng moved around the room naturally, greeting other people with ease. While holding her own conversation for some time, Qiu Yue could feel herself spacing out, her eyes would end up following him.

She wanted to take his hand and walk out of here with him. Maybe they could explore the streets of New York together, just the two of them.

She could spend time with the one human she actually wanted to be with. Take a look at all the lights of the big Apple, get something to eat from a food truck?

Driving through the streets on a bike, the cold air rushing past them.

Perhaps they could go into those stores with cool-looking displays and try on clothes. Maybe something to go clubbing in!

And then as they walked into a club on the side and danced under the neon coloured lights for a little while, she could finally lean over and kiss him. Maybe... they could fall into each other in a private room at the club?

Qiu Yue sighed, staring at the glass of untouched champagne in her hand. She placed it on the counter in the corner, removing herself from the conversation.

Qiao Feng knew whenever Qiu Yue looked at him. Ever so often his eyes would search for her too.

When he caught sight of her after leaving another group of the city's elites, he could see her eyes sparkle as she seemed to be in thought, looking into her glass of champagne.

But then she sighed and put it away.

He looked at his watch that indicated it was almost 10:30pm. It was no wonder she looked tired. He knew that this wasn't a place she particularly found charming.

Casting a glance at the large hall sparsely filled with people standing in groups, talking about business he could see why she felt exhausted.

Qiu Yue was like a bursting firework, it didn't surprise him that she wanted to do more.

A hint of a smile came on his face as he made up his mind.

He immediately walked up to Qiu Yue, took her hand into his, and pulled her away from the gathering.

Qiu Yue looked surprised, she kept glancing back at the party.

"Feng? Where are we going??"

"Let's go see the city."

Qiao Feng looked back at her, smiling. This person that he loved, looked the best when she was having fun. Then, wasn't it his duty to make sure her eyes were always sparkling?

Qiu Yue looked at Qiao Feng and then at the bike he'd surprised her with. The both of them in their all-formal wear looked very interesting next to the bike Qiao Feng had rented from the hotel.

"Really?" Qiu Yue asked, laughing a little.

Qiao Feng just smirked at her. In all his suited glory, he effortlessly swung his leg around the bike, getting on and somehow managing not to look out of place.

Thankfully, Qiu Yue hadn't been wearing a long gown, however, instead of playing around in a ridiculously expensive dress, she decided to just sit with both her legs on a single side. To balance herself, she leaned on Qiao Feng, wrapping her arms around him.

He turned the accelerator as the bike sprung to life.

"Feng, where are we going?"

Honestly, she had asked him so many times already. But he just wouldn't answer!

"Let's get changed first."

"Hmm?"

Qiao Feng didn't answer, but Qiu Yue could feel him smiling.

____________________

I just wanted them to let go for a little you know? Live it up!

If you want to re-read this arc like me and Yuna to actually remember things again, start from 2.1!

LIKE

Oh and send me a gift! I want to see what that feels like!

COMMENT

I LOVE YOU

JOIN DISCORD
Use code: BGQrRHF

KO-FI: Qiu_Yue
PATREON: Qiu_Yue