Chapter 2

We'd been in the car for only about 10 minutes and I was already ready to get out. Between the loud music, the strong weed smell and Lanel loud crys I was growing a massive headache.

We came to a red light as Tammy looked at me through the rear view mirror "how much she gave y'all?" She asked making my cringe at the way she worded herself.

"40$ bucks" Tasha looked up from her phone.

Tammy scoffed "look like y'all going to rainbow then". Tasha shrugged scrolling through her phone again. Tasha had a iPhone 6 while I had my same phone from when I was 12. A black iPhone 4. I don't see the need to update my phone honestly. As long as this mfa receives calls then Im fine. I'm not into all the social media and taking pictures so I was just fine with my 4. I kept it in my back pocket even though I rarely pulled it out, it was there.

20 minuets later ...

"What you find?" Tasha came over to me holding a hand full of clothes. I shrugged holding up a plain grey shirt and some white jeans. She shook her head annoyed "that's tacky and ugly".

"Well what you got?" I asked. If I knew her well enough she was just like her mama and wanted to be as revealing as possible.

"I don't know what I wanna pick yet" she said holding up the clothes. And bingo, just like I said as reveling as possible.

"These shorts with this bodysuit or this dress" the shorts was like 7 sizes too small, the crop top shouldn't have even be considered a crop top and the dress looked too small as well.

"Well what shoes are you gonna wear?"

"I got some brown sandals that'll go with either or" she said before spotting Tammy and calling her over. She rushed over bouncing Lanel on her hip.

"Which one?"

She looked between the two outfits a few times "the shorts fasho".

Tasha smiled picking it up "that's what I was thinking". I sarcastically smiled to myself. Tammy, a 21 year old was allowing Tasha, her 15 year old sister just dress like a ho. I just could not with them.

"What you find?" She asked turning to me. As soon as I went to speak Lanel began whining. She instantly clenched her teeth "shut the fuck up" she said in his ear. That didn't phase him, it just seemed to make him get even louder.

"Come on show me damn, you see him acting a fool and I'm ready to go"

I held up my outfit, she shook her head "hell no, come on" I followed her.

After about 10 minutes she had finally found a outfit.

"I'm not wearing that " I said looking at the distressed jeans and white bodysuit.

"And why not?"

" I just don't wear stuff like this, it won't feel right"

She blew her breath "aint shit even showing its literally jeans and a shirt"

I put my hands on my hip " if that's the case I could've kept what I had at first"

She laughed "no the hell you couldn't"

"I don't even have any shoes to go with that" I argued.

She tap my shoulder " I got some vans you can barrow, what time is it my phone dead"

I pulled my phone from my back pocket "10:52".

"You still got that old ass phone Nay?" She slightly laughed as we moved up in the line. I didn't answer her.

"Lil cous you gotta do better. You all antisocial and shit. And no nigga checking for no boring ass girl and especially one that got a iPhone 4" she said the last part laughing.

I still didn't reply, I wasn't stunting her ass not one bit. That's what's wrong with all them. Aunti Rena, Tammy, Tash all them! They was always worried about how a man would see them or think of them. They mindset was all fucked up and I wanted no parts of it.

Later that night

It was around 9pm and me, Tasha, Tammy and Aunti was all in the kitchen cooking up the last few sidings for the cookout. Even though it was 2 days from now Aunti always cooked ahead of time.

Me and Tammy was working on the greens while Tasha was helping Aunti with the meat.

We all talked as Marvin Gaye lowly played through my Aunt's phone. I can't lie times like this is the ones I cherished the most. Even though I was totally different from them we all clicked whenever we helped Aunti cook, always.

"Make sure y'all assess is getting them greens good because Cam and his fine ass daddy is coming trough" Aunti said.

Tammy bit her lip "ouuu that man is fine, i gotta make sure I'm looking extra good"

Aunti waved her off "girl that man is not gone be stunting you"

I lightly chuckled.