Chapter 7

I pulled every piece of clothing from out that drawer and my money was no where to be found. I rushed down the hall and back into the living room were Aunti and Tasha was and Tammy was here now, just great.

"Has anybody been in my room?" I asked, they all just looked at me.

Aunti put her cigarette out leaning back on the couch "yeah I did why?"

I looked at her like she was dumb "my money is missing".

She laughed "that money ain't missing I got it"

I walked closer to her "why are you touching my stuff" Tammy stood up getting all tough. Her standing up was pointless because I had no intentions on hitting my auntie, I just wanted my shit.

"Don't be walking up on my mama like that girl" I completely ignored her looking at Aunti "that is my money, you have no right to be touching my stuff".

She was sitting down "That aint you shit. I know that boy gave it to"

I squinted my eyes really getting mad "no he did not" I said in a shaky voice. I felt the tears at the brim of my eyes, but I wasn't about to cry. I hated the fact that whenever I get mad I cry, not because of me being sad but because I'd be frustrated.

She smacked her lips "girl ain't nobody stupid. First he giving you rides now he handing you money. You gotta be the slowest lil girl ever, that nigga don't like you. He want what you got-"

I was tired of hearing what she was talking about, I Launched forward going for my money. Tammy tried grabbing me but I pushed her making her fly back into the wall.

Aunti stood upthrowing the money on the floor "I don't want that money. That's pocket change lil girl"

I grabbed the money from the floor and walked clean out. I texted Taylor letting her know I was on the way to the bus stop. I blinked my eyes repeatedly not trying to cry but that was no help. A tear slowly ran down my face, I quickly wiped it. I don't know why God gave me this fucked up ass life with these fucked up ass people. I always wondered what life would be like right now if my mama was still alive or if I knew my daddy.

***
"You better than me I swear. Family or not I would've got to beating ass" Taylor said while stuffing some more fries in her mouth. I shrugged not paying her any mind. After about a good hour or two of shopping we were at the food court eating. We went in about every store but I only brought something from champs, forever21 and H&M.

I brought some little cute Nike Prestos for 80$ and got a bunch of tank tops and some shorts. After all of that I had 123$ left. I don't know what I'd do with the rest of the money but I'll figure it out.

"Damn what's up cous" a voice called out making me and Taylor turn our heads. Taylor stood up wiping her hands laughing "RICO!" They hugged as he looked around then back at her "What you doing up here?"

"Me and my friend just came to do some shopping" she said pointing to me.

He nodded his head looking at me "aw shit my bad for not speaking. How you doing" I smiled "it's fine"

Taylor hit his arm "who you up here with? One of yo lil chicken heads?"

He laughed pointing at her "you got jokes huh, but nah I'm-"

Cam walked up on the side of him looking all mad interrupting their conversation "nigga they don't got no fucking banana flavored ice cream"

Rico held his stomach laughing "I was kidding nigga". Cam waved him off pulling out his phone "gone man"

Rico caught his breath "but nah I'm here with my potna"

Taylor nodded before looking back at me "start looking up the bus times."

"Aw nah I'll take y'all home, you know it ain't shit"

Taylor looked at me I shrugged, shit I had no problem with that.

***
Me and Taylor's 2 hour mall trip now was going on a 4 hour mall trip. We were still here with Cam and Rico, they were still shopping. We were all in Footlocker.

Cam walked up to me "What you think?"

I shrugged looking down at the shoe he had on his feet. He looked down at his feet "they don't go with the jumpsuit I got?

I thought back to the royal blue jumpsuit he just brought them looked back at the shoe "Yeah they actually do". He nodded cockily cheesing "exactly what I thought" He yanked it off his foot and I handed him his sneaker back. He put it back on before we both walked up to the counter.

"What did you guys get outfits for anyway?"

"Some party up East" he said placing the shoe box on the counter. I nodded as Taylor and Rico walked up.

"You wann go to this party tonight?" She asked all happy. I shook my head quickly declining. I didn't do parties and parties didn't do me.

She stood beside me nudging my shoulder "I said no ok" I turned to her a little annoyed. She looked at me before backing off.

"Well I'm going and Rico's gonna drive me to his house"

I looked at her "Who's gonna take me home"

She pointed to Cam "um Cam"
***
I blew my breath as I climbed in Cam's truck. Once I was in I placed my 4 bags on my lap and looked over at him.

"Aren't you gonna pull off?"

He slightly mugged me "damn can I finish what I was doing? Why you always so hostile?" He asked starting up the car.

I jerked my head back "I am not"

He nodded smacking his lips "yes you are. The least I can get is a thank you Cam for taking me home"

I laughed "you act like I wanted to ride with you. Trust me if Taylor would have never spotted you guys I'd been at home by now".

He slowed down as we came up onto a Red light "get out then"

I looked over at him like he was crazy, he shook his head "exactly".